More newb on the way

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Re: Welcome Embryodad

Hey Sass...you think if we log out and register as someone new maybe we could get some of those sticky buns too....:in_love:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter

Hey Sass...you think if we log out and register as someone new maybe we could get some of those sticky buns too....:in_love:
According to Joe, one must have an 'ectomy of some sort to receive them.
LOL

Embryodad

However, I am sure if one asked real nice...
I would share with EVERYBODY Here...as a matter of fact, serve yourself first...but hurry! If I get there first..those delectable sweets will be gone.

Last edited:

Embryodad

Welcome, Jimmy. I believe we may be castoffs from the same food forum. From what I'm reading, we may be cut from the same cloth...metaphorically speaking, of course.:yum:

Here's a little snack to hold you over till your next meal...

P1020551.jpg
Thanks JoeV

My favorite sticky buns...and with Nuts..wow! Nuts for Jimmy-Nutz

"Pay no attention to that Jimmy Guy Behind the Buns"... He's Nutz ...

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter

Welcome, Jimmy. I believe we may be castoffs from the same food forum. From what I'm reading, we may be cut from the same cloth...metaphorically speaking, of course.:yum:

Here's a little snack to hold you over till your next meal...

P1020551.jpg

TEASE!!

Thanks JoeV

My favorite sticky buns...and with Nuts..wow! Nuts for Jimmy-Nutz

"Pay no attention to that Jimmy Guy Behind the Buns"... He's Nutz ...
UMMMMMMMMMMMMMM OK neva mind.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Welcome to NCT, Embryodad/Jimmy!

Glad to have you join us!

Lee

Norm

Belated self introduction

It takes such a long time for me to read everything. Last night I realized one is supposed to introduce themselves here. I am a retired high school art teacher.

I am divorced. My ex and I opened a Korean restaurant not long after we were married. It was the only thing I felt comfortable doing. She was the manager, I was the acknowledged owner for licenses and permits because I was a US citizen and that made things easier, bureaucratically. Her mother was the head cook and her sisters were the rest of help, waiting tables, etc. I did the bookkeeping and helped out in the kitchen on busy weekends. I also had a car wash for a few years. We split up about 8 years later because she wanted to try a bigger market on the west coast. By then her mother had retired from the kitchen and moved with her husband to LA. When that failed, she didn't want to come back to Smallville Kansas and we divorced. I raised our son until he was 18 at which time he moved out to Seattle to get to know his mom and the rest of his Korean family, but she was hardly ever around even then. He sold Mac computers with a catalog company for a few years then got a license to be a blackjack dealer and was making pretty good money. Then....

About 5 years ago I moved to a smaller house to retire and in the process ended up in the hospital. They contacted my son and said my chances of surviving much longer were about 50-50. He came home on leave and ended up staying with me. He was a manager at a call center but quit when he decided to go back to college. He is attending KSU now and is a Sophomore. He is majoring in business. About three years ago he met his SO and they both have converted my finished basement into an apartment for themselves. She is also a student at KSU.

Last edited:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Re: Belated self introduction

It takes such a long time for me to read everything. Last night I realized one is supposed to introduce themselves here. I am a retired high school art teacher.

I guess that explains why your food pics look so "artistic".

About 5 years ago I moved to a smaller house to retire and in the process ended up in the hospital. They contacted my son and said my chances of surviving much longer were about 50-50.

I hope I'm not being too forward but is your health okay now?

He came home on leave and ended up staying with me. He was a manager at a call center but quit when he decided to go back to college. He is attending KSU now and is a Sophomore. He is majoring in business. About three years ago he met his SO and they both have converted my finished basement into an apartment for themselves. She is also a student at KSU.

That must be wonderful having them so close by yet you still have your privacy.

Thanks for sharing.

Norm

I am a 66 year old diabetic who takes all his pills as he is supposed to and does not exercise nearly as much as he is supposed to, otherwise I am in pretty good health. The biggest thing I have had to deal with besides the effects of type II is the brain tumor they discovered and mentioned, in an- oh by the way- manner. I am taking a pill for that too.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter

hiiii! great you've decided to mingle w/ us other cooks, foodies, Chefs, those that dabble & wanna learn some stuffs. have a pleasant time on here!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter

I am a 66 year old diabetic who takes all his pills as he is supposed to and does not exercise nearly as much as he is supposed to, otherwise I am in pretty good health. The biggest thing I have had to deal with besides the effects of type II is the brain tumor they discovered and mentioned, in an- oh by the way- manner. I am taking a pill for that too.

:ohmy: Who does that? ...and taking a pill will make it go away?

It's good to hear that you are in otherwise good health though :thumb:

Norm

The last time there was an MRI they said it was just scar tissue where it used to be but the hormone imbalance it caused is still a problem.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Norm, welcome (again) to NCT and thank you for sharing stuff about you with us!

You have already become a valuable contributor to the forum - glad you're here!

Lee

Carolina Cooking

Jimmy
I haven't been here a month, I have spent hrs & hrs reading & looking at the differant areas. Just yesterday I spent maybe 2hrs looking at the Roving Apron threads LMAO.. :yum::yum: I tell ya this place is like a huge family.
I still don't know where all the pics are & I find them by just pure luck.This place is huge but fun as all get out.:wink:

:sun3:hot as heck here.

Embryodad

Jimmy
I haven't been here a month, I have spent hrs & hrs reading & looking at the differant areas. Just yesterday I spent maybe 2hrs looking at the Roving Apron threads LMAO.. :yum::yum: I tell ya this place is like a huge family.
I still don't know where all the pics are & I find them by just pure luck.This place is huge but fun as all get out.:wink:

:sun3:hot as heck here.
Yes it is huge...
I have to take it slow at first...I'm not sure my brain thought processes can adjust to so much great stuff.
Why to put it in perspective..."It's like letting a kid loose in a Candy Store!"...LOL

Nancy-MD

I still haven't been to most of the topics here. Shoot, I'm lucky to post on the dinner thread!

It's worth the trip to get some of JoeV's sticky buns. Man oh man, they look so yummy!

Nancy-MD

Well I sure learned a couple things I didn't know about you Norm. I guess the drs. are watching the brain tumor thing every so often, right?

I don't think I introduced myself other than to say hi. Anyway, nice introduction.