More newb on the way

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Re: Welcome Embryodad

Great peep...They still make them.

I'll have to put them on the shopping list!

When we were kids...we would split them in half just to make them last longer.
I think they are gone. I haven't seen them in years. BUT I found a pic online. They were SO much better than cheezits!!

Embryodad

I think they are gone. I haven't seen them in years. BUT I found a pic online. They were SO much better than cheezits!!

Oh! No!... I was so happy to see them I thought they were still made.
I think I'm gonna cry! Oh Heck! I'm so disappointed! :sad:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

Oh! No!... I was so happy to see them I thought they were still made.
I think I'm gonna cry! Oh Heck! I'm so disappointed! :sad:
So am I!! They used to come in the small boxes and were sold for .25. Mom would give me $1.00 allowance and I would get 1 box each of the chocolate cookies, chocolate chip cookies and tid-bits and would have a quarter left for chips.

Remember these?

Attachments

• nabisco_cookies.jpg
    nabisco_cookies.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 131

Embryodad

So am I!! They used to come in the small boxes and were sold for .25. Mom would give me $1.00 allowance and I would get 1 box each of the chocolate cookies, chocolate chip cookies and tid-bits and would have a quarter left for chips.

Remember these?

These are supposedly what replaces the Tid Bits

a954aa86.jpg

Believe me, I will be trying them.
A snack forum said that they are the same taste as the Nabisco Tid Bids.
The only thing is thay have a slight twist to them.
Time will tell...Soon I hope! :readytoeat:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

These are supposedly what replaces the Tid Bits

a954aa86.jpg

Believe me, I will be trying them.
A snack forum said that they are the same taste as the Nabisco Tid Bids.
The only thing is thay have a slight twist to them.
Time will tell...Soon I hope! :readytoeat:
Are Kraft and Nabisco sister companies? If not I don't see how they can be the same. Well let me know.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

I miss those chocolate snap cookies also they were great!! The chocolate chip weren't to special I don't miss them.

Embryodad

Cool!! Let me know how they taste Jimmy!
I most certainly will.

Thankfully I just checked, and they have them at Walmart Store By me.
I will let the bargain hunter (DW) be the deciding factor as to where she will purchase them to try. She has a super taste sense, and one chip will tell her if the taste is the same. She and I had talked about them a few months ago.

As I think back (lucky to do that) I remember going to parties, and those little tid bits were split and stuffed with cream cheese dip. Quite a tedious job, but back in the day of Fondu pots and lazy susans at parties...they were popular snacks.
Popcorn and Potato Chips were Ho Hum at parties, but if you had cheezits or dips and crackers...the only ones in the beginning of the TV snack era were either Ritz carackers or saltines. Later on they came out with Keebler Cracker items...........

It was a treat to have Tri Color Ice Cream at your Birthday Party Mom would cut the cake..and then send dad hurridly to the local mom and pop store for Ice Cream..and It would have to be hurried home...and sliced, and placed on the cake.
Refrigerators in the late 40's and 50's did not keep ice cream in their freezer sections.
If the temp was 19ºF that was good to frreeze ice cubes or keep hot dogs and chicken for a while, but Not a good Ice Cream Keeper. Anything over 10ºF will soften ice cream. 10ºF is serving / scooping temperature in ice Cream Parlors i.e. Friendly's etc.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

I can't sleep and I am hungry!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRR Not much to snack on that doesn't need to be cooked and I don't feel like cooking!!

Embryodad

You still here Jimmy?
I'm here..can't sleep either..I was in the shower and my arm is all itchy. I was in the attic crawling around the isulation, and I took a hot shower. I guess the pores opened and the fiberglass went into my skin.
I just used duct tape to pull the glass fibers out, ans a cold shower with lanolin soap.
Brrrrrr I'm freezing.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

I'm here..can't sleep either..I was in the shower and my arm is all itchy. I was in the attic crawling around the isulation, and I took a hot shower. I guess the pores opened and the fiberglass went into my skin.
I just used duct tape to pull the glass fibers out, ans a cold shower with lanolin soap.
Brrrrrr I'm freezing.
AHHHHHH there you are!

YIKES Jimmy!! Duct tape will pull it out?

Embryodad

I am craving bacon!! LOL
I lately fry up bacon and keep it in the refer in a container so I can just nuke it to heat it for with eggs or BLT's and whatever. It stays ok for at least 8 days considering it is cooked.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

I lately fry up bacon and keep it in the refer in a container so I can just nuke it to heat it for with eggs or BLT's and whatever. It stays ok for at least 8 days considering it is cooked.
I could microwave a couple slice between paper towels.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

I feel like that doggy treat commercial!! LOL

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CErapf79rqM[/ame]

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

Well I'm gonna try to get sleep. Glad you are here Jimmy. Stick it out a bit longer PLEASE!! If you leave Nan, Barb and cookingirl will be so disappointed!! Sweet dreams!

Embryodad

Well I'm gonna try to get sleep. Glad you are here Jimmy. Stick it out a bit longer PLEASE!! If you leave Nan, Barb and cookingirl will be so disappointed!! Sweet dreams!
I have no reason to leave! I'll leave it at that!

Carolina Cooking

Boy
you 2 are night owls.
I am lucky to stay awake past 10.Then again I am up with the birds.

I am so happy :clap:you are here . I didn't think you would cross over .. Then again I didn't expect to see Norm either. See ya never know what the day will bring.

I have missed you ..:wink::wink:

Now the gang's all here :dancing:

Barb..

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

If the temp was 19ºF that was good to frreeze ice cubes or keep hot dogs and chicken for a while, but Not a good Ice Cream Keeper. Anything over 10ºF will soften ice cream. 10ºF is serving / scooping temperature in ice Cream Parlors i.e. Friendly's etc.

Hi Embryodad! Welcome to Net Cooking Talk. I'm glad Peeps told you about us and that you came on over and joined up. :thumb: :tiphat: :clap:

Interesting ice cream info. I sure remember the 3 colored ice cream, we called it Neoploton for some reason. :confused: I never knew what temp ice cream should be kept at to stay frozen solid. Interesting. Learn something everyday. :D

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter

Hey, is it too late to say welcome?? Seems like the conversation was a middle of the night one!
Welcome to NCT.

Embryodad

Hi Embryodad! Welcome to Net Cooking Talk. I'm glad Peeps told you about us and that you came on over and joined up. :thumb: :tiphat: :clap:

Interesting ice cream info. I sure remember the 3 colored ice cream, we called it Neoploton for some reason. :confused: I never knew what temp ice cream should be kept at to stay frozen solid. Interesting. Learn something everyday. :D
Thank you for the welcome.
Great to be here! ...

Yes..Ice cream is a funny dude. The actual long term storage is -15ºF.
I did a lot of refrigeration work for Howard Johnsons Ice cream Parlors, and they were sticklers on their storing temps. They had a three fold system. One Freezer Huge, for long term at minus (-15ºF) ...then it would be moved to another freezer for use to be ready for pulling to the serving display counter, and that was 0ºF. Then the final what they called spooning (scooping ) temperature of 8 to 10ºF.

Ice cream is one food that cannot tolerate temperature fluctuation. If you get ice cream that has a lot of crystals of ice...it means only one thing. It was stored improperly.

Embryodad

Hey, is it too late to say welcome?? Seems like the conversation was a middle of the night one!
Welcome to NCT.
Thanks VeraBlue ......

Yeah! It was Saturday stay up late night. I watched the Late Late Late show too on the TV!

Thank you for the Welcome!

cookingirl

Jimmy!!!!!!!
:a1:
WELCOME!!!!!!!:wave:
IT is so good to see you here, Finally!! :wow:t
Guys, Jimmy has some great stories and is an awesome cook, along with his DW (Tina)!
I hope you enjoy it here. Norm is here also..Nancy, Barb, Peeps and me are sooo thrilled to see you joined! It is a much more fun group. I guess you see some issues here; but they don;t seem to linger. It seems like it is nipped right in the bud..it is a group of people of all types..and pretty down to earth..I hope you enjoy it..please don't leave...
Once the regulars here get to know you, they will love you; as much as we do..They have been very accepting of the rest of us..
have fun..
ttyl
Cyn:thewave:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter

Welcome, Jimmy. I believe we may be castoffs from the same food forum. From what I'm reading, we may be cut from the same cloth...metaphorically speaking, of course.:yum:

Here's a little snack to hold you over till your next meal...

P1020551.jpg

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter

If Peeps, Carolina, Nancy and Cookingirl all say you're a good guy, that's good enough for me! :thumb: