More newb on the way

JackieBlue

Banned
It's great for the forum that there are so many new members. But who is this "him" that you all are talking about? I wanna make sure I steer clear!:biggrin:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
:clap: Keep 'em coming!!! :clap:

It's great for the forum that there are so many new members. But who is this "him" that you all are talking about? I wanna make sure I steer clear!:biggrin:

It's okay Jackie...he was here a few years ago and was banned so you don't have to worry about running into him here. He calls himself "The Tourist" and he's been banned from more than one forum.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
It's okay Jackie...he was here a few years ago and was banned so you don't have to worry about running into him here. He calls himself "The Tourist" and he's been banned from more than one forum.

OMG No way!!
He's making the rounds again?? :eek::twak:

Carolina Cooking

A member ' over there' posted all the forums he has been banned from. He listed at least 15 or more.

He didn't get banned from there , he just left. Seems the ADMIN over yonder liked the fellow.... :censored:

And that folks is why many of us have found a new place to play.

A forum is only as good as its members.. JMO. (admin & mods)

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
A forum is only as good as its members.. JMO.

Right on CC. :thumb: :clap:
I have forums that are empty. They are no good. It's the members that make the forums. We (myself and the mods) try our best to give you a fun place to visit on the internet. If it's not fun you'll find someplace else to visit.

I thought the tourist was banned from over there. He requested to be banned from all of my forums. At the time he 'thought' one of the attachments or images on one of the forums infected his PC. It didn't but oh well. He earned his banned marker on FF, but on here and my other forums he is banned at his request; so he will never be back here as 'the tourist'.

cookingirl

:agree:Thank Goodness for that--y eahhhhhhhhhhhh:clap:
I always thought he was creepy--yup a friend of the admin!!
Now to live on anew here!!!

Any member from 'over there', feel free to friend me!!!:margarita:
Can't wait until I have more time to cruise around here..I need to check out this site--it looks huge!!!
I mostly 'lurk' but am not creepy!!:corny:that is until I get to know:flowers: you!!!
ok---getting carried away with all these smileys!!!

Seems like lots of good people here!

Wow, I am getting punchy!!!
:applause:
I mostly ask for advice on stuff...

thanks all
Cyn

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
The Tourist has established a reputation in a whole lotta' places.

quite frankly, I suspect he's got a bet with a biker buddy on how many
Fori he can achieve "banned status" from in X months.

other than a lack of Rx drugs or alcohol, not a a lot of available explanation for his behavior / "attitude"

some Forums/group admins choose to explain this as "individualism" - unfortunately the "Tourisit's" attitude of "lead, follow, or get out the the way" really does not mesh with the reality of "participation" - he's certainly not a leader, he can't follow his own babble, and is only "out" of the way when he gets banned.

and "banned" is a very soft term - sometimes The Tourist opts to "ban" himself by changing his "logon description" - altho the "Forum" admin has no idea what he's talking about - see "bet with biker buddy" -

The Tourist is all about "show & blow" - look up his posts on FoddieForums.com - that is a spot where real, actual, knife nut beings hang around - The Tourist got thoroughly eviscerated on his technical points. so,,,, his "sharpening/polishing" expertise may be more ex- than -tise.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
The Tourist is all about "show & blow" - look up his posts on FoddieForums.com - that is a spot where real, actual, knife nut beings hang around - The Tourist got thoroughly eviscerated on his technical points. so,,,, his "sharpening/polishing" expertise may be more ex- than -tise.

Not only did he take a beating on "Fred's" at foodieforums but also on "in the kitchen" at knifeforums.com. I give him credit for not giving up. Oh, and also for being the only professional knife sharpener I've ever met who spoke poetically.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I got a PM from bunyap (at the other site). She had a problem registering. She goofed and somehow got a 2010 birth year and was rejected. HMMMMMMMMMMM Why would 1 year old register on a forum? LOL Any way can anyone (Doc or mod) help out to get this straight. She really want to join the forum.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Peeps, I just tried, and I don't see a way to help her. I think we need Doc or Jim to fix it. I'm going to report your post so Jim picks it up. He'll probably be along shortly.

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
Peeps, I just tried, and I don't see a way to help her. I think we need Doc or Jim to fix it. I'm going to report your post so Jim picks it up. He'll probably be along shortly.

I just did a report post so Doc would see it.

That kind of repair is admin only, once a user name is rejected it can't be reused unless the admin resets it.

Jim

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
NCT seems to be reliving the surge of early 2009 when the DC exodus took place. Good. :a1:

buckytom

Grill Master
it's really great to have the new members. i'm not sure if they know they are as wanted here as they want a place to hang. they seem like a really good group of folks, and i hope they soon realize that doc runs a fair and decent ship.

now, can any of the newbies stay up all night est? lol.

Last edited:

JackieBlue

Banned
it's really great to have the new membets. i'm not sure if they know they are as wanted here as they want a place to hang. they seem like a really good group of folks, and i hops they soon realize that doc runs a fair and decent ship.

You stay up all night Bucky?

buckytom

Grill Master
i'm beginning to curse the sun, and sleep in the soil of my homeland.

i really need to get up early one day and vacuum, lol.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
it's really great to have the new members. i'm not sure if they know they are as wanted here as they want a place to hang. they seem like a really good group of folks, and i hope they soon realize that doc runs a fair and decent ship.

HEY we have spent many a night together bucky!! LOL

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
i'm beginning to curse the sun, and sleep in the soil of my homeland.

i really need to get up early one day and vacuum, lol.
I always suspected that you suck!! :yum: UMMMMMMMMMMMM HMMMMMMMMMMMM You know what I mean Vlad?

bunyap

Hello, everyone! I have just joined at Peep's invite. I see that some of my friends are already here and I hope to make many more.

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
Hello, everyone! I have just joined at Peep's invite. I see that some of my friends are already here and I hope to make many more.

Welcome to the Forum! :tiphat:

Sorry you had troubles when you registered the first time.

Jim