Cheap beer

chowhound

I've always been a Bud man. I might have wandered now and then, but I always came back. Then somewhere along the way I developed a taste for light beer. I think they call it old age :shock: Seriously, the watering hole that I was watering at only had Labatt, which I don't like, and Coors Light on tap. And somewhere along the way I had developed a taste for draft beer so always ordered the Coors Light. I even started buying Bud Light now for the house. Regular beer started tasting too heavy to me.
Enter a kegorator.
Now my preferred light beer was Bud Light. Whether buying it by the case or the keg, but now that I had a kegorator I started buying halves of Bud Light. Pretty damn pricey, even though technically you do save money buying halves. Still, tossing out a hundred dollar bill and getting a five, some ones and change back was getting old. So I moved down a notch to Bush Light. Not bad stuff. A little less expensive.

Then one day as I was buying some cans to take somewhere I noticed a beer called Keystone Light. 12 bucks for 18 - 16 oz cans. That's cheap. I bought an 18 pack. And "dayuuuum", that ain't bad beer. Light, crisp, more flavor of course than water... errr, I mean Coors Light. Not bad at all. And a half keg is around 66 bucks. That's pretty cheap.

So I guess I'm saying, if you're looking for a change up and see some Keystone Light, give it a try. If you prefer light American beer you just may be surprised.

This has been a public service announcement :thumb:

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
i sure wish USA could get real Canadian beer, not the stuff that they market there... our beer doesnt get bottled in green bottles here just for the USA market.

but as far as Labatts, i dont drink it here either, its not that good..lol

I have tried Keystone as well...just wish i could enjoy mass produced beer like i do Leinies..lol

FryBoy

I'm just the opposite. I just don't care for any of the light beers, except maybe when it's 110 out. For me, the bigger and bolder the brew, the better. I love that microbreweries have come back so strong and that larger breweries are now making some decent, flavorful suds.

homecook

Can't do it.....can't do it!! I'm still a Bud man uuhhhh woman!! I haven't changed for the past 20 years. lol I love my Bud!!:gulp: I have tried many light beers and I just can't drink them. It's not "old age" I'm alot older than you and I still drink it. lol

Lefty

Yank
Just talking cheap, I drink Miller Lite, 1.15 happy hour, 1.65 regular price at the legion. I could afford to go out for happy every day at those prices. As for tap beer, I like Guinness, or Harp, sometimes a black and tan. For imports I will drink on special days I buy Samuel Smiths which is my favorite.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I prefer light beer, Chow, so I'll try the Keystone. I usualy drink Natural Light. It's about 6.89 for a 12 Pack, so pretty cheap....about 58 cents per 12oz can. :lol:

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
I prefer light beer, Chow, so I'll try the Keystone. I usualy drink Natural Light. It's about 6.89 for a 12 Pack, so pretty cheap....about 58 cents per 12oz can. :lol:

oh boy am i going to introduce you to some good beer..lol

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
oh boy am i going to introduce you to some good beer..lol

I actually drink wine more often. In a beer, I don't like ales or any kind of dark thick syrupy overloaded beer. I like it light and refreshing. I don't like to have to almost chew my beer to enjoy it. For example, many love Killians Red, but it turns my stomach.

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
This is my mid-priced beer of choice:

newoldstyle_fullsize_story1.jpg

chowhound

Thanks. It's pretty good, Keltin. Refreshing, just like you said. That's what I look for in a beer now, too. You can keep your Guinness and flavored brews.

I never heard of that brand Robs

bigjim

Mess Cook
Super Site Supporter
Old Thread BUT

I picked some beer at Costco. Kirkland brand.

I was surprised that it is /was very very good beer ...
I buy Costco beer fairly often. A good mix of microbrews at around 18 bucks a case here.
Costco says the beer is made in Arizona. What I get here is made in NY. I would guess that it is made in a number of breweries, and may differ depending on locatio.

K

Kimchee

Used to be a Milwaukee's Best man, then discovered craft and microbrew beers..
Truly LOVE a good hoppy brew, or a nice strong stout.....
But life is a cycle, and I am currently enjoying an embarrassment of brew: 211 Steel Reserve. A whopping $1.27 for a 22 oz can, available in 8 or 12 percent. And sometimes
a good old Miller Lite 22 oz can.
Turns out these cans are the most economical way to buy beer off the shelf around here, and I am just not in the mood for $8-11 a 6 pack beer this year.. so far...
:)
I do like a beer or two a night. So does my waistline, sighhhhhhhh

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Labatt ICE is a good cheapie beer.
Normally when it comes to beer, Bud Light is my choice, when I'm not enjoying Hornsby's cider, that is. :)

buckytom

Grill Master
lol, it's a good thing robsan ran away because i've had old style and it was truely piss beer. cheapest crap you can get in madison, cross plains, and baraboo.

mid-range? wow, there's lower?

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i was on a drinking team- the keystone 'ice girls. hm; they guys were 'the home team'

they drank keystone premium