CHICKEN "DIVINE" (BROCCOLI) CASSEROLE

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
My wife, Linda, got this recipe from my SIL back in the early 70's, and it's been a "frequent flyer" in our home ever since. There are variations online to change it up. I would like to try it sometime with cauliflower or mix cauliflower & broccoli.

CHICKEN "DIVINE" (BROCCOLI) CASSEROLE

2 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen broccoli (you can also use fresh, just break it up in small pieces)
4-6 chicken breasts, cooked (remove skins and bones), cut into 1/2" pieces
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 c. mayonnaise
1 tsp. lemon juice
1/2 c. Pepperidge Farm Stuffing mix (or seasoned bread crumbs)
2 tbsp. butter
1 c. cheddar cheese, grated

Mix together soup, mayonnaise, and lemon juice. In a pan melt butter and mix in stuffing mix or bread crumbs. Remove from heat and cool. Layer broccoli on bottom of 9x13 baking dish. Place diced chicken on top of broccoli. Pour over the 3 ingredients previously mixed together and then add the cheese and top with buttered crumbs. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.

Dinner090711.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Copied and saved! Easy, and I love everything in it!

Will halve it, just for me.

Thanks, Joe!

Lee

Deelady

Oh this is the same casserole I have often made except I have never added chicken...great idea!
I always considered this to be one of my guilty pleasure type dishes when I want to be naughty :D lol

homecook

This is great! We grew up on this.... My mom did use both broccoli and cauliflower when she made it.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
This is great! We grew up on this.... My mom did use both broccoli and cauliflower when she made it.
I knew that you came from good stock. Ahhhhh, to be in the company of great minds is such a guilty pleasure.:laugh:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hey, LS, Queen of the Jungle - is that your serious-looking face in your avatar??

Lee