What dish do you make all the time?

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Pasta with different shapes but usually my home made base sauce. I sometimes use my base sauce with ground pork/beef/combo as well as sausage. We eat some form of pasta a couple of times a week.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Conch chowder. I make it chunky, not pureed like in restaurants. I don't think they put much meat in theirs. I do.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I haven't had conch chowder in years, at least since we left Florida. I love the stuff and only one restaurant made it decent in all of the Keys. My grandmother and mother in law both made it great I might add with big chunks of Conch. I miss Conch Fritters also which my grandmother used to make a lot of as well.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Pasta with different shapes but usually my home made base sauce. I sometimes use my base sauce with ground pork/beef/combo as well as sausage. We eat some form of pasta a couple of times a week.
This is the standby at my house, too. Pasta about 3 times a week. Tonight it was pasta with sausage and a salad.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
My wife and I just love the stuff, hence I make about 4 qts of sauce a week usually on Sundays. We rarely ever have the sauce last 2 weeks though it will keep for up to 3 months in the freezer.

smoke king

Banned
I always have a variety of Pasta on hand, and there is always chicken and hamburger in the fridge.

My favorite "go-to" meal would have to be Frito-pie. Tasty, cheesy and spicy, and its 40 minutes from inception to serving!

homecook

Spaghetti and meatballs, meatloaf, breaded pork chops and chicken paprikash. These are my standby meals. Dh and ds love them and request them constantly!!

buckytom

Grill Master
i think i live at homey's house.

we make very similar stuff! ok, my top six most frequently made dishes:

sunday gravy over pasta, or just meatballs and skettis.
seafood fra diavolo over pasta
baked split chicken breasts, mashed potatoes, and boiled corn
grilled chicken thighs - either teryaki, sweet chili, or bbq sauced, with nuked spuds and steamed stringbeans
turkey meatloaf, boiled spuds, young peas
pork chops - either shake-n-bake or marinated/grilled, with yellow rice.

Lefty

Yank
Our standards are;
Red Beans and Rice with Pork Chops and salad.
Meatloaf with Mashed potato gravy and corn.
Spaghetti with a meat sauce garlic bread and salad.
Chili
Chicken vegetable soup.

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
I make jambalaya a lot. I cheat and use Zatarain's because it's so darn good, but I add shrimp and sausage to it for a complete meal.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
My go-to meal is probably Buffalo wings because they are easy. Sometimes I use chicken tenders and Szechuan create-a-meal and put it over pasta. It's actually pretty good if you don't overcook the veg's.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
ours is spaghetti rigate & meatballs. jake makes those.
also, mini meatloaves & chili.
or pierogies. we love us some poerogies!

homecook

i think i live at homey's house.

we make very similar stuff! ok, my top six most frequently made dishes:

sunday gravy over pasta, or just meatballs and skettis.
seafood fra diavolo over pasta
baked split chicken breasts, mashed potatoes, and boiled corn
grilled chicken thighs - either teryaki, sweet chili, or bbq sauced, with nuked spuds and steamed stringbeans
turkey meatloaf, boiled spuds, young peas
pork chops - either shake-n-bake or marinated/grilled, with yellow rice.

I wondered who that strange person was in my pool!! :sun1:

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
Corn chowder or clam chowder & biscuits, spaghetti w/sausage and garlic bread, cod (grilled or fried) and roast pork tenderloin w/garlic mashed potatoes and green beans. Those are staples in our house

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
spaghetti or lasagna with a salad and garlic bread; roast beef, mashed potatoes, gravy and peas with biscuits; fried chicken, mac and cheese, broccoli with biscuits; or Beans-n-Greens with cornbread.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Q'd sausages,chicken and pork

and
maxwell.jpg

Constance

We both cook, and we really vary our menu a lot. I guess I'd have to say the most common meal is bacon and eggs, every Sunday, but we vary that, too.

urmaniac46

It depends on the season, during the summer I do a lot of repartoire based on tomatoes or aubergenes, both are high in season.
Some of my perpetual favourites are

-Oven baked tomatoes stuffed with rice, garlic and parsley, baked with roasted potatoes around them. (Roman specialty :))
-Bruschetta
-Pasta salad alla caprese (short al dente pasta tossed with chopped tomatoes, mozzarella di bufala, evoo, fresh basil leaves)
-Tabouleh
-Caponata Siciliana
-Melanzane(aubergene) alla parmigiana
-Moussaka
-Pasta alla Norma (pasta with tomatoes, fried aubergene & pecorino)