Shermie

Site Supporter
Kitchenaid Pull-apart Dinner Rolls.
Discussion in :piesmiley1::eating2:
Tags:
Edit
Unwatch Thread

1. Shermie

Came across this recipe a few weeks ago. I wanted to try it & was successful today! They're about to go in the oven! Yesterday I tried it, but the dough just wouldn't rise!! I had to throw it out & do it again.

Ingredients;

1 cup warm water
    2-1/2 teaspoons yeast (1 packet)
    1/8 cup sugar ( used a bit more)
    1 egg, beaten
    3/4 teaspoon salt (I left this out)
    3 cups flour
    Additional tablespoon butter may be needed.

Directions;

Place warm water, yeast & sugar in the mixing bowl. Mix together with machine's dough hook attached & on speed 2. Add in butter & beaten egg.

Add flour, a little at a time, or enough to make a soft dough. Knead with dough hook for an additional 5 minutes.

Place dough in oiled bowl. Turn dough over to grease the other side so that oil is on both sides. Cover with plastic wrap. Let rise for 1 hour, or until doubled in bulk & light.

Punch dough down& divide into 6 to 8 pieces. Roll dough into balls & place into greased 9" or a square baking pan. Cover with plastic wrap & let rise for another 30 minutes. Bake in preheated 400-degree oven for 50 - 35 minutes or until golden brown ( I found that this temp was a bit too high & the time too long, so I lowered both the allow the middle time to bake.

Remove from oven & brush with leftover butter from what you had earlier in recipe. Let rolls stay in pan for about 20 minutes before taking out. Enjoy!

Attachments

• pull-apart Kitchenaid Dinner Rols.jpg
    pull-apart Kitchenaid Dinner Rols.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 193

Shermie

Site Supporter
Don't forget to add that 2-1/2 Tbsp butter to the recipe.

Yeah, I forgot about the butter, & it has to be unsalted at that. Any salt added directly to the yeast may kill it & cause the dough not to rise!!

Add the salt after the 1st or 2nd cup of bread flour has been added. :WitchBrewsSmiley: