chicken in white sauce over mashed.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
This is quick and easy for these cooler days.

You will need -

Mashed potatoes

Lots of options here. Instant, store bought in a bin and make your own.

I cut six unpeeled red potatoes into half inch cubes. Then I boiled them till soft and drained. I added dried badil, salt, pepper, butter (2 tbsp), and a splash of milk. Use a bit more milk if need ne to get a consistancy you like. I used a hand mashed and went for a not lumpy texture. Then I covered the pot.

On to the chicken

I took a large skinless breast. I cut it in half inch strips. Lay the strips flat and cut them again into half inch strips again. Then crosscut into three quarter inch chunks. This leaves half ny half by three quarter inch chunks.

Spread them out on a plate and tightly cover with plastic wrap. Put in the microwave. Reduce power to fifty percent and cook three minutes. If not all cooked, unwrap, stir it up cover tightly and give it another two min. Do not forget to reduce power.

In a saucepan, put three tbsp of butter on low heat melt the butter, do not burn it. When the butter is melted add three tbsp of flour a little at a time. Stir constantly on low heat. You are making a rioux. Let it brown a bit. Slowly add a cup to a cup of milk. Whisk constantly. Bring to a gentle boil. It should make a light to medium white sauce. Add the chicken, continue to cook. Add frozen peas and pearl onions. Let cook till the peas and onions thaw and cook a little little. I don't like my veggies too well done.

Spread the mashed on a pkate, ladel sauce on top. Maybe a pat of butter. Tastes good, lots of variations. Could sub shrimp for chicken, biscuits for mashed.

Enjoy

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
This sounds fantastic Andy. I also don't like my veggies over cooked. I LOVE peas and pearl onions. Thank you

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
mmmmmMMMM! Sounds easy and delicious, Andy!

Comfort food!

Peep, love your kitty avatar! Is he your cat?

Lee