Mix well and roll into med. size balls.

In elec. skillet or just a skillet, mix
1 can tomato soup
2 cans of hot water
season with:
salt & pepper
paprika
and approx 1 TB butter.
Bring to a boil, and then drop the meat balls in. Cook slowly for about an hour.

PORCUPINE MEATBALLS with Mushroom Soup

1 lb. ground beef
1 sm. onion, chopped or 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
8 Saltine crackers
1-2 eggs (I used only one)
1/4 c. ketchup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can can water
1/2 c. uncooked rice

Crush crackers, add ketchup and eggs. Add salt and pepper, Garlic powder, and onions.
Add ground beef and rice, mix well. Put meatballs in pan, brown meatballs slightly and pour off grease.
In Small bowl mix together ketchup, water and mushroom soup then pour over meat in skillet.
Simmer for approx 1 hr until meatballs are cooked through and until sauce is gravy.

Attachments

• food 025.jpg
    food 025.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 274
  • food 403.jpg
    food 403.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 279

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
First, thanks DeeLady for posting this recipe! :clap:

I made a rendition of this wonderful recipe using the limited ingredients of Franken Pantry V.

http://www.netcookingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16724

DeeLady thought it would be a good idea to post what I did here to offer everyone a 3rd way to prepare this awesome recipe!

I call my rendition:

DeeLady’s Porcupine Meatballs with Sweet Chili Sauce

I started with Sirloin Pork Chops, cut them into chunks, and put them through the food processor to grind them up to mince meat. Then added minced onion and dry rice. I then made my meatballs.

In a pan, I started with a little oil and some flour to make a roux. As it was browning, I added 1 TBSP each of Chili Powder and Sugar. I browned a bit more till fragrant and then added 3 cups of water.

I then added an additional TBSP of Chili Powder and 1.5 TBSP of sugar.

Once the liquid was boiling, I added the meatballs. Cover and cook on medium to low heat for 30 minutes, then turn the meatballs. Cover and cook 20 minutes, then uncover on high heat to reduce the sauce.

On the side, I made a pot of yellow rice.

To serve, I plated the yellow rice, added meatballs, then the sauce. I topped it all with some chives. The chives added color and a touch of extra flavor.

Attachments

• m4.jpg
    m4.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 240
Last edited:

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
I did a version that involved rolling the meatballs in the uncooked rice, then steaminig the meatballs.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Made these again last night for dinner. This time, we did the CoM method. WONDERFUL!

DW loved the PMBs the first time, and just ooh’d and ahh’d over them in the CoM this time. What a fantastic recipe!! Thank you so much Dee!! :clap:

I think the CoM method is our fav, but…..we ate way too much! Couldn’t stop! I was so stuffed!! :thumb:

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 226
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 219

GotGarlic

Made these again last night for dinner. This time, we did the CoM method. WONDERFUL!

DW loved the PMBs the first time, and just ooh’d and ahh’d over them in the CoM this time. What a fantastic recipe!! Thank you so much Dee!! :clap:

I think the CoM method is our fav, but…..we ate way too much! Couldn’t stop! I was so stuffed!! :thumb:

My mouth is watering at these pix, Keltin. I may need to add this to the menu for the coming week.

Deelady

one thing I noticed was I made a mistake in the COM recipe...I only add the ketchup to the sauce mixture and not the meatballs itself....when did you add it in Keltin?