Serving hot dogs

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
okay Heather...what does 'warm' mean???

For the most part, a hot dog is chock full of stuff no one can pronounce so it's going to be safe for a decade. Still....how warm is warm??

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
okay Heather...what does 'warm' mean???

For the most part, a hot dog is chock full of stuff no one can pronounce so it's going to be safe for a decade. Still....how warm is warm??

doesnt really matter you can eat a hot dog cold and once half way warmed up, kids will eat anything:yum:... heck so will i :ohmy:... i have been known to eat raw hot dogs as well..lol:yum:

homecook

She just meant that the insulated cooler she got kept them warm for over 3 hours. She was only serving them within an hour, hour and a half time frame. She drove 45 minutes here afterwards and they were still warm. She was going to throw out what was left.

heb1976

thanks mom! i was mainly commenting on the cooler i found. it was foiled lined throughout - not like the white plastic lined collapsible coolers i was finding. it worked really good keeping them warm.

i boiled them for a pretty long time before bunning them up and wrapping them.

Bam - my husband does that and it makes me sick. i actually cannot believe i still eat hotdogs after finding out whats in them.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
it all depends on the brand of hot dogs you are buying with the quality of meat used in them... go with hebrew national and you wont be grossed pit eating a hotdog anymore
thanks mom! i was mainly commenting on the cooler i found. it was foiled lined throughout - not like the white plastic lined collapsible coolers i was finding. it worked really good keeping them warm.

i boiled them for a pretty long time before bunning them up and wrapping them.

Bam - my husband does that and it makes me sick. i actually cannot believe i still eat hotdogs after finding out whats in them.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
I've been known to eat a raw one now and again, LOL.

Yea Hebrew National is a good brand to buy. I also have a Coleman two burner propane stove, but I am not sure that even with two burners you would be able to keep up demand.
Sounds like you found a system that works for you though, that's good!

chowhound

I eat raw hot dogs all the time, on a bun with mustard most of the time. No different than baloney IMO. I used to have them in my Bonanza lunchbox as a kid even.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Stay away from those hot dog / sausage carts though!

They are not safe because more than likely, the person doing the cooking and serving more than likely handles the money as well when you pay for the stuff.

And money is dirty. Anyone who prepares or cooks & serves food SHOULD NOT BE HANDLING MONEY! Those vendors and their equipment are a pure haven for germs & bacteria!!

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter

They are not safe because more than likely, the person doing the cooking and serving more than likely handles the money as well when you pay for the stuff.

And money is dirty. Anyone who prepares or cooks & serves food SHOULD NOT BE HANDLING MONEY! Those vendors and their equipment are a pure haven for germs & bacteria!![/QUOTE]

hold up hold up hold up..lol

i am one of those vendors at times...lol

every city that i go to, my equipment must pass health inspection b4 anything is sold. and trust me on this, the health inspectors are always harder on us small vendors because they have a thing for travelling concessions....

most of us use disposible gloves...handle money, wash hands, then put on gloves, then serve food... repeat

do you think we wouldnt keep these clean?..lol

Attachments

• gibtownfinal07hitch.jpg
    gibtownfinal07hitch.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 77

Shermie

Site Supporter

And money is dirty. Anyone who prepares or cooks & serves food SHOULD NOT BE HANDLING MONEY! Those vendors and their equipment are a pure haven for germs & bacteria!![/QUOTE]

hold up hold up hold up..lol

i am one of those vendors at times...lol

every city that i go to, my equipment must pass health inspection b4 anything is sold. and trust me on this, the health inspectors are always harder on us small vendors because they have a thing for travelling concessions....

most of us use disposible gloves...handle money, wash hands, then put on gloves, then serve food... repeat

do you think we wouldnt keep these clean?..lol

I was talking about the SINGLE ones where there is only ONE person doing everything, such as the ones at Boston's Downtown Crossing.

Do you have another person working with you?