A Kraft Foods recipe--

1 pound lean ground beef
4 slices bacon, chopped
1 small onion, chopped

Hamburger seasoning blend
Salt and pepper
1/2 pound (8 ounces) Velveeta cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes

1 package refrigerated pizza crust

1. Heat oven to 400°. Add bacon to cold skillet over medium heat and cook, stirring frequently. When bacon is about halfway to desired crispness, and onions. Season with salt and pepper. Cook about 3 minutes, until onions are tender and bacon is crisp.

2. Add ground beef to skillet. Season with salt, pepper and hamburger seasoning. Cook until no longer pink; drain. Return meat mixture to skillet. Add Velveeta; cook until melted, stirring frequently. Cool 10 minutes.

3. Unroll pizza dough onto baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Press into a rectangle; top with meat mixture. Roll up, starting at one of the long sides. Rearrange if necessary so roll is seam-side down.

4. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.

cheeseburger rollup.jpg

lesley

We can't get Velveeta cheese here, what does it taste like?
Have you any suggestions of an alternative cheese? like to give these a whirl:tiphat:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
This looks fantastic, Sass!

Lesley, I'd use any cheese you like, as if you were making cheeseburgers, just cube or shred it.

Lee

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I found a recipe for velveeta cheese that you can make at home. I've not tried it but several reviews said it is very good.

I'll post it in the dairy thread under Homemade Velveeta Cheese

Last edited:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
This looks so cool. Kind of like a huge Hot Pocket. I just recently discovered the pizza dough in the cans that pop (like canned biscuits). That stuff is pretty good and so convenient. I've been keeping it on hand so the boys could make a pizza whenever they like. This would be even better. Thanks, Sass.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome Terry, and yes Lee.. I think Lesley could substitute any cheese.
I've made a similar recipe where I simply sprinkled shredded cheddar before folding the dough into a huge calzone.