Serves 8

Ingredients
1 small red onion, very thinly sliced
3 garlic cloves, minced
6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
3 (15-ounce) cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
2 cups packed baby spinach (about 3 ounces)
Freshly ground black pepper

Combine onion, garlic, lemon juice, and salt in a large serving bowl; stir well.
Heat oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat until just warm, about 2 minutes. Slowly and carefully pour warm oil over onion mixture (it will sizzle a bit). Stir well to combine and let sit at room temperature for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add beans and spinach to the vinaigrette, and toss well to coat. Season with pepper to taste and serve.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Lucky, I know you are watching the World Series at the moment (so am I), but ....

Have you made this? Is it really only 2 cups of spinach to THREE cans of beans?

This salad sounds wonderful, but I'm picturing my little 2-cup measuring cup of spinach for 8 people. With all those beans.

GO PHILLIES!!

Lee

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Lucky, I know you are watching the World Series at the moment (so am I), but ....

Have you made this? Is it really only 2 cups of spinach to THREE cans of beans?

This salad sounds wonderful, but I'm picturing my little 2-cup measuring cup of spinach for 8 people. With all those beans.

GO PHILLIES!!

Lee

we did;
and we agreed !
not enough spinach !
we (the Warden and I) decided that whomever came up with this was only looking for color out of the spinach; even "Packed", it just didn't seemto be enough.......but I thought that we could be over-reacting, so I posted it the way it was written.....which was still Okay............

Go Phillies !

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Bump!

I was looking for spinach salad recipes (Luckytrim posted several) and found this thread.

The recipe looks terrific, but I got a chill when I read my post #3, written almost EXACTLY 9 years ago (wow! where did the time go?).

BTW, last night the Boston Red Sox won the World Series. Again! :clap:

Lee