What's Cooking NCT Sun. 6/25 to Sat. 7/01/2017?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Made a big salad with tomatoes, yellow and red bell pepper strips and boiled egg slices.
A snack size gouda cheese bar (Arla brand at Meijer).
1 Lofthouse frosted sugar cookie.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
We had a modified version of a Chef Hubert Keller vegetarian recipe Saturday night. It was supposed to be individual pancakes, but I added an extra egg and extra of a couple other things and made a fritatta. Fillings were fettucini, our homemade oven roasted/dried tomatoes, basil, spinach, and parm. It was served with a roasted red bell coulis that also included peeled/seeded tomato, sauteed onion and garlic, basil, and thyme.

Last edited:

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
The salade niçoise was a hit and wonder why I never made it before.

We love nicoise salad; in fact, we had it for dinner 1 night last week too, except we used seared fresh tuna. I'm extremely picky about the canned tuna I'll eat, only a couple of kinds and it has to be ordered. You have to practically stick your nose into the jar or can to get any smell, large chunks of filets, packed in oil. It's either that or fresh only for me. Not a tuna salad girl except for nicoise. We have plenty of nicoise olives though, as we found them in Restaurant Depot in a very large jar, which was just a little more than buying a small amount off an olive bar in a specialty grocery.

If you like radishes, try adding some thinly sliced next time. You can also use some of the oil from the jar/can if you use tuna packed in oil.