Spiralized Butternut Squash "noodles"

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I saw these in the supermarket, so looked up a recipe to use them.

I bought two packages in two different stores - the "noodles" in one package were thicker than the others.

The recipe was just this: Toss the squash noodles with some olive oil, place on foiled cookie sheets, and roast in a 400 degree oven for 7 minutes. (I went at least 12 minutes).

Melt a stick of butter, start to brown it, and toss 10-15 fresh sage leaves in the butter and fry until the leaves are crisp.

Toss the butter and sage with the butternut squash noodles. I had a big bowl of it and topped it with parm.cheese.

It was okay, but WAY too much butter! I would just buy ONE package if I did it again.

I do like the concept of these, so if anyone has a different recipe or cooking method for them, I'd love to know it!

Lee

Attachments

• IMG_3032.JPG
    IMG_3032.JPG
    143.6 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_3035.JPG
    IMG_3035.JPG
    124.7 KB · Views: 94

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
We really liked http://tasty-yummies.com/butternut-...ashew-cream-and-crispy-brussels-sprout-chips/ . It's a bit of work if you make the harissa, which I did, but I think you can buy it already made and it wasn't too spicy, don't remember if it was you or somebody else that doesn't like spicey stuff. Just to warn you, I had to stop myself from eating the brussel sprout chips so we'd have enough for dinner. I'll make extra next time.

We bought the spiralizer attachment for our Kitchen Aid. It's fun to use and we probably should use it more than we do. It does 2 or 3 different string noodle sizes and same with ribbon noodles. It even has a peeling attachment for potatoes or apples, etc that peels at the same time as it spiralizes.

Oh, you have to be careful how you cook them. In the oven is the best way if you want to keep them like noodles. They tend to start falling apart and making more of a risotto type thing if you sautee them. Definitely don't try to boil them.