Pineapple Casserole

crewsk

With Easter coming up, I thought of this recipe because it's great served with ham.

1 (16oz) can chunk pineapple
1/2C sugar
3Tbsp flour
1C grated cheddar cheese
1/2C butter, melted
Ritz cracker crumbs (about 1 tube crushed crackers)

Spread pineapple with juice in 9x9 casserole dish. Mix sugar & flour in a small bowl, sprinkle over pineapple. Cover with grated cheese, top with cracker crumbs. Pour melted butter evenly over crackers. Bake at 350F for 15-20 minutes or until top is brown & bubbly.

Last edited:

smoke king

Banned
Yummm! I love pineapple! And that does sound good and very different. I am going to add it to the Easter menu (if I'm home to cook it)

Thanks for sharing!!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
mmmmm I saw Paula Deen make this a couple of years ago, and have always wanted to try it!

Since I opened a huge can of pineapple chunks and just needed a little, this would be great to use up the rest!

Thanks for the reminder, crewsk!

Lee

homecook

This was outstanding!! Thank you for this. My dh had two helpings and everyone else loved it, except for my son....but what does he know. I will definitely be making this again!

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 168

suziquzie

I didn't get to make it.
:(
DH said he wouldn't even bother to try it...... dork.
I'm gonna make it anyway tho sometime this week.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Awwww, thanks for posting the results, barb! I never did get to make it.

I see that the casserole gets paired well with the ubiquitous BUD! LOL!

Hope you had a terrific Easter!

Lee

homecook

Oops!!! lol Yeah that was my before dinner drink. lol

Sorry I didn't post the casserole on a plate, as soon as that came out of the oven we sat down to eat and I forgot.

Suzi, my dh was hesitant also, he said it tasted like a fruit cobbler. He loved it. My son on the other hand couldn't get his head around the cheese and pineapple. heehee

crewsk

Yeah, it's def one of those things that people have to try to realize how good it is, but it is hard to get your head around pineapple & cheese together. I love it, but can't eat it because pineapple makes my tounge swell & feel strange.:sad:

Glad y'all liked it too sk!

crewsk

Yes it is cm, at first only the fresh made my tounge swell, then the canned started doing the same thing.