dinnertime! wednesday 4/13/11

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
:readytoeat:
i'm hankering already 4 mussels & clams, with maybe some mahi or swordfish in a garlicky tomato broth. i've a freezer stuffed full of bread & i am zooming in on this french loaf i've got that would be so lovely, i think, for sopping.
if i get to wholey this morning or this afternoon it's on!

& if not i've a freezer-full of stuff.
dine well!

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
I'm baking bread this morning, and I have a few BS chicken breasts left in the freezer. I think I'll fry those up, slice them, and make us some really good chicken sandwiches for dinner.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Just got off the water and it looks fresh Gulf Porgie, salad, some veggie...

Attachments

• Porgie.jpg
    Porgie.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 213

Cooksie

Site Supporter
:readytoeat:
i'm hankering already 4 mussels & clams, with maybe some mahi or swordfish in a garlicky tomato broth. i've a freezer stuffed full of bread & i am zooming in on this french loaf i've got that would be so lovely, i think, for sopping.
if i get to wholey this morning or this afternoon it's on!

& if not i've a freezer-full of stuff.
dine well!

That sounds wonderful!

It looks like shrimp gumbo here :WitchBrewsSmiley:.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
BEAUTIFUL fish Buzz. There's nothing like fresh caught fish!

I made 2 pizzas on the grill. One with roasted garlic, spinach, roasted onions, roasted mushrooms and chicken. The other was pepperoni and roasted veggies (red and green bell peppers, onions, mushrooms). The cheese didn't melt as much as I like so I ran them under the broiler for a couple of minutes to brown.

Attachments

• chicken-spinach-mushroom-pizza.jpg
    chicken-spinach-mushroom-pizza.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 109
  • supreme-pizza.jpg
    supreme-pizza.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 108

Leni

I'm not sure yet and it's coming up 4:00. DH asked me to make a shirt to wear this Saturday at a Ham Radio get together. It's a Hawaiian design which means a lot of matching. The things we do for love. Sigh.

mhend

Everything looks and sounds delicious! Buzz, how I would love to have some of that fresh fish!! We are planning a trip down to the gulf in the fall and our first stop is gonna be for some fresh seafood!

We are having chicken noodle soup tonight. My son woke up with a case of strep throat and an ear infection...and on the first day of spring break no less! Bummer!!

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Pan fried boneless pork loin chops (nicely seasoned with herbs and spices), stuffing, pan gravy and steamed cauliflower.

041311_pork_chops_stuffing.jpg

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
WOW LS! Very nice! I'll bet that was really good!

Thanks Peepers!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Lifesaver, if you haven't done so already, you really should make that chicken and noodle dish a separate thread.

That looks SPECTACULAR!!

Lee

mhend

Didn't take any pictures of dinner - chicken noodle soup. But I did take pics of dessert.

My son loves apple pie and since he is sick, I wanted to make something he would really love. I usually make the crust, the whole nine yards, but I found a recipe online tonight and tried it. I used a pre-made crust and it all goes into an iron skillet and then into the oven. It's not the prettiest pie, but it was super easy and it is absolutely the best apple pie I've ever had!!! Here is the link to the recipe and my pic follows.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Grandmas-Iron-Skillet-Apple-Pie/Detail.aspx

DSC_0028.jpg

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Oh Mary, you are such a good mom! That pie looks fantastic. I went to AR and saved it to my recipe box. Did yours stick to the skillet like some of the reviewers said? I suppose that will depend on how well seasoned the skillet is. Doesn't matter. I AM MAKING THIS PIE. Thanks for sharing it with us.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
OK, now I know I have to make it, because I just showed it to Jerry and he wants some too.

mhend

Thank you Karen!! It didn't stick at all in my skillet until it got cool and even then it didn't really stick too badly, mostly around the edges. My skillet is probably around 30 or 40 years old. My mom had it since I was a little girl and my grandmother gave it to her. :)

I hope you and Jerry enjoy the pie! It was a hit here with me and my son. The brown sugar and butter at the bottom is soooooo good!! DH doesn't eat fruit. Man, he doesn't know what he's missing! :)

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Wow, everyone had something nice for din dins.

LS, your chickie and noodles are splendid!

Mama, your pizza is perfect! No surprise lol ;)

Buzz, I'd have liked to see your feeshie on a deeshie with the salad and veg.

Peeps, THE BOMB dinz as usual..

Mary!!!!!!! that skillet apple pie is absolutely the most down home gorgeous way of making it! Love it!! :D

Now, what did I have for dinner: I ate at work- ham and bean soup, corn bread ( I still want to know how and who makes it in our kitchen. It's cakey and thick and nice normally, tonight I had to grab the iced tea to wash it down lol) there was some apple crisp for dessert. I had a little, wasn't anything to write home about.
Should have gone to Subway. :wink:

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Wow, everyone had something nice for din dins.

LS, your chickie and noodles are splendid!

Mama, your pizza is perfect! No surprise lol ;)

Buzz, I'd have liked to see your feeshie on a deeshie with the salad and veg.

Peeps, THE BOMB dinz as usual..

Mary!!!!!!! that skillet apple pie is absolutely the most down home gorgeous way of making it! Love it!! :D

Now, what did I have for dinner: I ate at work- ham and bean soup, corn bread ( I still want to know how and who makes it in our kitchen. It's cakey and thick and nice normally, tonight I had to grab the iced tea to wash it down lol) there was some apple crisp for dessert. I had a little, wasn't anything to write home about.
Should have gone to Subway. :wink:
Thank you Sass!!