Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
8 large red potatoes
2 T evoo
1/2 t salt
1/4 t ground black pepper
1 T chopped fresh parsley leaves
1 t chopped fresh thyme leaves

Preheat oven to 450 . Carefully slice each potato thinly without cutting all the way through.

Place potatoes on microwave-safe dish and cover with waxed paper. Cook in microwave on High 12 to 15 minutes or until easily pierced with tip of knife.

Transfer potatoes to metal baking pan. Carefully drizzle oil between slices. Sprinkle with 1/2 t salt and 1/4 t ground black pepper. Roast in oven 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
Transfer potatoes to platter- sprinkle with herbs.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
For reasons that have never been explained to me, I've always called these 'hassleback' potatoes.

The easiest way to do the cut that you are refering to is to place a wooden spoon on each side of the potato. (picture the bumpers that go down the bowling alley...the spoons are the bumpers, the potato is the alley. Carefully cut the potato in 1/3 inch to 1/2 inch slices, letting the knife stop just at the spoon handle.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
These are really cool! I made them once a long time ago. The recipe I used called for thin slices of onion to be inserted into the potato cuts and then wrapped in foil with lots of butter. Thanks for reminding me abut these!!

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Ok I just have to ask about the cutting part. From Vera's description I'm thinking you are cutting this the length of the potato. Now do you cut this all the way around meaning you don't cut into the center of you cut one side? Any one have a picture or site that shows this cut?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Ok I just have to ask about the cutting part. From Vera's description I'm thinking you are cutting this the length of the potato. Now do you cut this all the way around meaning you don't cut into the center of you cut one side? Any one have a picture or site that shows this cut?

like this..

Attachments

• 2179500212_d0257e36dc.jpg
    2179500212_d0257e36dc.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 110

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Thanks Sass now I can do that easily enough will try these for sure. :a1:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Those do sound very good. Betcha mine wouldn't look that good :ohmy:.

Here's another pic I found Cooksie, and I love Keltin's idea of adding slices of onion in between.

Attachments

• accordion-potatoes-fb.jpg
    accordion-potatoes-fb.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 112