Wednesday 12/7/2011 Hey what's cookin'?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
yeah- nearing 31 & sans a diagnosis. i jus don't snooze- i have anesthesia awareness & that. well, i used to. now, they nary bother & hit the nail on the head & intubate & knock this girl to the wind!
I have suffered from insomnia since I was 17. Between diabetes (potty trips), pain and insomnia it is tough getting a good nights sleep.

Embryodad

I have suffered from insomnia since I was 17. Between diabetes (potty trips), pain and insomnia it is tough getting a good nights sleep.
Oh Dear Lord.. My mom was like that. god forbid there was a drip from a faucet, or a drip drip of rain from the gutters...she would be not able to sleep; or wake right up and have to go downstairs and cook or bake.
She sewed blackout drapes so there would be no light from outside coming in.

We as kids, had to tiptoe in the house so she wouldn't wake up.

She would cook all day...feed dad and us kids, and she would go lie down for 2 hours . That was it. Then she would go to sleep at like 2 am in the morning, and be up at 4 am..have her tea, and then start cooking. Or she would wash clothes or do ironing. Ironing was a big thing back then.

Peep, have you tried white noise to try and sleep? I have to have a device that makes rain and water sounds like water running down a crick in order to fall asleep.
DD uses aroma therapy.

OMG... hahaha...I am mixing a sleeping forum in with a food forum. L O L

Try some foods that will help you sleep. I'm sure there are some. Like rum soaked cake.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
those worked. booze & sound machines. at one time, anyhow. the sound machine- i'd listen to the heartbeat. the other setting, the stream one, instilled a fear. like when ur giving a 'lil baby her bath, & she hears the h2o, & would need another diapee if u weren't taking her to get a bath already. okay. soooo not the dinner thread anymore.
anyhoo, i'm finally getting drowsy- should be making my way to the couch soon