Smoked Gouda Mac 'n Cheese

1 bunch fresh spinach, washed and stems removed
2 cups dry elbow macaroni
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups shredded smoked Gouda cheese
1 can (12 oz.) CARNATION Evaporated Milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
Fill a large saucepan 3/4 full of water and bring to a boil. Blanch spinach in boiling water for 3 to 4 minutes. Drain spinach in a strainer set inside a bowl. Set aside. When cool enough to touch, roughly chop the spinach.
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly grease 2 1/2 quart casserole dish.
In the same boiling water with heat set to medium, pour in dry macaroni and cook until tender to the tooth, 7 to 9 minutes. Drain well. Return to saucepan.
Toss in the chopped, blanched spinach. Add the cheddar cheese and Gouda cheese, evaporated milk, salt and pepper. Stir until combined. Pour into prepared casserole dish. Cover tightly with foil.
BAKE for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until lightly brown.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
We'll See......... Tomorrow ! I have a brisket on my schedule today, with soup to follow after the left-overs are evaluated.........
Just handed the Warden my requirements......... she'll shop in the morning..........

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
We'll See......... Tomorrow ! I have a brisket on my schedule today, with soup to follow after the left-overs are evaluated.........
Just handed the Warden my requirements......... she'll shop in the morning..........
this mac and cheese sounds like i would add some diced pepperoni to it. only because when i do a cheese and meats platter i usually have pepperoni and smoked gouda on it.

homecook

Sounds good just the way it is LT!!

Why would you add meat to mac 'n cheese?? It's a casserole not a platter........