Pasta w/spicy cauliflower sauce

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
This is one of my favorites! An easy way to fit cauliflower into dinner

5 Tbsp olive oil (I use extra virgin for more flavor)
6 thickly sliced garlic cloves
1 Tbsp anchovy paste
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (or to taste, whichever you prefer)
1 lb of cauliflower florettes cut in 1 inch pieces or smaller
3 Tbsp fresh basil (or 1 Tbsp dried)
1 lb of penne or rigatoni
1/4 c white wine
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 c pecorino romano cheese, grated
1/4 c Italian bread crumbs
chopped parsley

Grease a 9x13 baking dish. Heat water to boiling for the pasta and cook according to package directions while you make the sauce.
Heat olive oil, garlic, anchovy paste, red pepper flakes in a large saute pan on high about 2 minutes or until garlic begins to brown. Add cauliflower and 1 Tbsp of the fresh basil (1 tsp if dried) and cook until cauliflower begins to brown - about 4-5 minutes. Add 1 c of pasta water, white wine and salt. Reduce heat to medium and reduce to a slightly thickened consistency.
Drain pasta and return to the pot. Add cauliflower sauce, half of the cheese and the remaining basil. Pour pasta mixture in the greased 9x13. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and top with remaining cheese. Place under broiler until golden brown. Top with parsley.

This is great served as a main course or an accompaniment to a pork loin roast. I've also added asparagus tips and diced ham to this dish with great results. Enjoy! :chef:

PanchoHambre

This looks great.... This is the sort of thing I can handle during the week.

I always overlook Cauliflower but I really like it when I do have it

I will have to pick some up soon thanks for this recipe... Bams mash looked good too...