Shucking corn easy.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
My wife and I started using this technique last week and it works as advertised. If you have a low powered apartment type microwave like we do you must increase the time by about 50%.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'm not getting any sound, Buzz.

Is it 2 ears for 8 minutes on high, and both ears are cooked?

Lee

UncleRalph

Quo Fata Ferunt
Site Supporter
I feel sorry for those that have done it differently. . . this is the only way I have dealt with whole ear corn for years. makes life just a little easier, especially if you love fresh corn as much as I do.

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
I'm sorry your not getting sound. 4 minutes per ear of corn.
8 Minutes for two. cut the bottom off at the thick part, Corn slips right out of the husk clean, no strings. Ready to eat.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
>>on the BBQ / grill

yes - soak the ears in cold water about an hour, then grill. rotate now and then.

basically the ears steam and the silk comes away almost as cleanly as demo'd with the microwave.

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Can anyone tell me why it is getting so hared to find Yellow Corn- Or is it just a California thing!

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
The ears did absolutely everything the video promised, except the corn wasn't done..........

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
The ears did absolutely everything the video promised, except the corn wasn't done..........

Fran and I found that we had to vary the cooking time to compensate for different sized ears. It worked great once we got the hang of it and now it's the only way we cook corn. :)

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
On the grill, I don't soak at all. I put the corn on rotate 90 degrees every fifteen minutes for 45 min. Throw my reverse sear steaks on over the coals (Corn on the side). When the steak is done so is the corn. I will use this for peeling the corn though.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
36_20_2.gif

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tn19YBlw9bc&feature=fvwrel[/ame]

Squirrel

Mess Cook
Site Supporter
Great tip! I'll give that a shot. :bounce:

The Ray Ray video was a hoot. Don't think I could do that with a straight face. Tells more about my character than I wanted you to know. :brows:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Attachments

• IMG_0448.JPG
    IMG_0448.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 269
  • IMG_0449.JPG
    IMG_0449.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 270