"BREEZY PSEUDO FETTUCINE ALFREDO"

Living in the semi-boondocks as I do, I purchase frequently online from different food companies, & yesterday I received e-mails from several Italian-oriented ones informing me that yesterday (Tuesday) was "National Fettucine Alfredo Day" - LOL!!!

That said, had all the ingredients on hand to toss together one of our favorite recipes, my very own "Breezy Pseudo Fettucini Alfredo". Not only is it so quick & easy that a child or a chimp could make it, it has a richness & tanginess that we actually prefer to traditional "Alfredo" recipes. A green salad & some crusty bread are all you need to accompany this, & any leftovers make a decent microwave lunch the next day.

Enjoy! :chef:

BREEZY PSEUDO FETTUCINE ALFREDO

Serves 2, but recipe is easily doubled.

½ stick of unsalted butter
Approx. 1-1/2 to 2 cups plain yogurt – regular or low-fat (NOT fat-free - it will curdle)
Approx. ½ -3/4 cups regular sour cream (NOT fat-free – it will curdle)
1-2 cups (or handfuls) grated/shredded parmesan + extra for topping (pre-shredded bagged is fine)
Approx. half a pound fettucini – regular, spinach, or a ½ & ½ mix
Freshly ground black pepper for serving

Cook pasta to al dente stage according to package directions & drain.

In the same pot the pasta was cooked in, melt the butter & add the yogurt, sour cream, & grated cheese. Stir gently over medium heat until cheese starts to melt & mixture is just heated through (do not boil). Add drained pasta back to pot & combine gently until pasta is heated through. Serve sprinkled with extra grated cheese & freshly ground black pepper to taste.

Last edited:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sounds awesome Breezy. I'll be sure to tell DW about this one. :thumb:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
What a GREAT shortcut to a wonderful dish, Breezy!

Lee