Checking in, 9/9/2013

AllenOK

Yes, I am still alive and well. I've been fishing up a storm. I figured out how to get my kayak up on top of my van, so I don't have to borrow She Who Must Be Obeyed's vehicle.

I've been tying flies, and fishing some of them, but not as much as I'd like.

This weird weather in the past 6 weeks has really turned the fishing on its ear. All the rain up in Kansas in early August flooded down here. It turned the catfish on for awhile, but then they shut off. Now, with the return of the heat dome, everything is kind of ho-hum. Hopefully the weather changes this weekend, like the weather shamans are telling us.

Work, is well, work. I've hit the limit on how much P.T.O. a person can earn, (enough for 8 weeks of vacation). Normally, when that happens, HR comes in and takes that person off the schedule for awhile. I've already talked to my boss. He's going to start working me two days a week (weekends), and using my P.T.O. to cover the rest of the time

The kids are fine. Thankfully, they're back in school. Peace and quiet reign at home! My other half, PeppA, had to have a tooth cut out last week. She's recovering.

That's me in a nutshell right now. How's everyone else doing?

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
sounds great. i burst into :D when reading sentence 'she whom must be obeyed'.

chilefarmer

Allen, super to see your post again. Pleased you and family doing fine.
No fishing for me just to hot and dry. If we don't get rain wont have any water to fish in. CF