who has gotten someone

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
that said they disliked a food, to love that food eventually.
blake despised meat that was not cooked through/bone-in. so i undercooked his bone-in steak 1 night, & he devoured that steak. then, another night, i gave him a few slices of dietz & watson london broil deli meat. the stuff is cooked very rare. & delicious.
he went & bought a pound. so much fer his disdain toward rare meats.
soon, i'll make lamb lollipops.

seafood was another. he says he has undergone anaphylaxis twice via seafood. i gave him the raised brow look. he shushed. he is now requesting, on his own, that i make a mild seafood for us. often. so i bought a few kinds. we'll see on that 1. i already put anchovy paste in a dish before he said he's got this said allergy. when i mentioned that, he blushed. i refused to reveal the dish, as he was 100% ok, many daze thereafter. so, has anyone else got someone they know that makes sad excuses to avoid ingesting certain groups of foods~:whistling:

Last edited:
K

Kimchee

I've got a friend who does not like seafood.
I know why, because I used to be the same way...
He grew up in the South, and all he's been exposed to
is your basic fried flounder, fried pond fish, breaded fried shrimp, etc.

He's coming to visit soon, and I am going to fix a crispy skin
salmon for him. I doubt that he will like it, but that's ok, more for
me! ;) ;)

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Aubrey, so glad you are cooking and sharing with someone! And that you are teaching Jake to broaden his culinary horizons!

You go, girl!

Lee

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
Aubrey, so glad you are cooking and sharing with someone! And that you are teaching Jake to broaden his culinary horizons!

You go, girl!

Lee

thanx, lee~
i know it's confusing, except jake is not my guy now. blake is my new guy- kinda (we have datin' fer near a year, now.). ur not the 1st to get them confused. jake is the 1 dining. blake is the 1 i'm huggin'.

Attachments

• IMG_00128.jpg
    IMG_00128.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_0811435.jpg
    IMG_0811435.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 77

AllenOK

I had a lady come through an action station once, telling me she was allergic to mayo (!)

I asked what was in the mayo that she was allergic to, the eggs, oil, or wee bit of Tabasco that should be in there. She blushed, and told me she really wasn't allergic, just didn't like it. I smiled, and let the mayo out of her food.

I have a lady at work, one of the residents, who cannot stand the taste of garlic. She asks, every single day, what food has garlic in it, and what food does not. The Chef is really frustrated, trying to get her to stop calling into the kitchen every day, but I don't think she will; it's part of her identity.