• none of the above

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Both Mayo and Miracle Whip!

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
Lefty is back but he hasn't posted a poll today so I am going to slip in ahead of him!

Here's another suggestion from Keltin:

The great debate, Mayo or Miracle Whip?

Which do you prefer and which mayo do you use?

I'm from Texas and was raised on Blue Plate. It's a product of New Orleans so Vera will get a chance to experience it firsthand!

I've also heard of another regional mayonnaise, Dukes.

Let us know your preference!

I'm struggling to avoid adding the Sinko de Mayo joke. :mrgreen:

sirena

I didn't vote because my choice wasn't there! I like both Hellman's Mayo and Miracle Whip - BUT for different things. For a BLT, it has to be mayo, but for tuna sandwiches it has to be Miracle Whip. It all goes back to what my mom used for sandwiches in school lunches and tuna just doesn't taste right to me unless it's mixed with Miracle Whip. Some things just need the tanginess of Miracle Whip and other things need the taste of real mayonnaise.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I grew up on Miracle Whip, and never had real mayo until I was an adult. I know. I know. It's bad. But it's real hard to overcome your upbringing. (Thanks, Mom) :yum:

Now I use both, but for different things. I can eat mayonnaise straight off a spoon, and I can't do that with MW. But some things just need the tang!

I picked Miracle Whip 'cause it's still my first go-to spread.

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
I didn't vote because my choice wasn't there! I like both Hellman's Mayo and Miracle Whip - BUT for different things. For a BLT, it has to be mayo, but for tuna sandwiches it has to be Miracle Whip. It all goes back to what my mom used for sandwiches in school lunches and tuna just doesn't taste right to me unless it's mixed with Miracle Whip. Some things just need the tanginess of Miracle Whip and other things need the taste of real mayonnaise.

Sorry, I was supposed to put both as a choice. :pat:

I fixed it.

Jim

K

Kimchee

I am not really Mayo specific... my Mom bought what was cheapest. Duke's, Hellman's, A&P brand... rarely Kraft.
When on my own, I became a Miracle Whip guy because the woman I was with preferred it. (I now like it for BLTs a lot, but...)
The good Dr. is a Kraft mayo ONLY type person so....... Kraft it is!
(Although I just bought a little jar of Duke's to do a taste test with.... heh heh heh)

smoke king

Banned
As a kid, it was Miracle Whip. But as I got older, I developed a taste for Hellmans, and thats all I buy now. I haven't had Miracle Whip (et al) in probably 30 years.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I love Miracle Whip. Will use Mayo if MW is not available but given a choice it's always Miracle Whip.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Hellman's for almost everything, BUT Miracle Whip is pretty darned good on a leftover Thanksgiving turkey sandwich :D

Hellman's. I am curious about the taste of (Kraft's) Mayo with olive oil.
1001029_021000019748_A_400.jpg

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Hellman's. I am curious about the taste of (Kraft's) Mayo with olive oil.
1001029_021000019748_A_400.jpg

We use Kraft. This one is pretty good. The taste is a bit lighter than regular mayo.....a little sweeter too. Very smooth. But the subtle sweetness throws me off and makes me think of Miracle Whip which I don't like (sorry MW fans), so I can only eat so much of this one....although DW loves it.

What can I say, I'm a salty kind of guy. :biggrin:

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
miracle whip tastes Fake some how and sweet. yuck.

bring out the Hellman's and bring out the best!!

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Made my own once. It was delicious. Would do always. I just don't use that much.

With that said, a few days shelf life for homemade vs weeks(months) for store bought.......... Hmmmmmm

Johnny West

I like both but right now we are making our own mayo with light olive oil and it's pretty darn good. If I'm buying mayo it has to be Best Foods.