mild vent

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i hafta be re-certified in food service. i'm fully aware of how to wash, sanitize cutting boards & cooking /prep areas, the proper ratio of sanitation liquid to use, & food safety data sheets. i know time/temp. safety zones. i know plenty. yet, to keep a piece of paper, i hafta be tested on this again, already~

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
That's the way it works in a lot of fields luvs. DH is a truck driver. Whenever he has to have his drivers license renewed, he has to have another background check done (for homeland security) and he has to retake the hazmat test. He's been driving a big rig for 40 years and has to do this every 5 years.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
i hafta be re-certified in food service. i'm fully aware of how to wash, sanitize cutting boards & cooking /prep areas, the proper ratio of sanitation liquid to use, & food safety data sheets. i know time/temp. safety zones. i know plenty. yet, to keep a piece of paper, i hafta be tested on this again, already~
But just think that when you get old and can't drive worth a hoot, you'll still be able to get your license renewal without taking a driving or written test. that should balance it out for ya.:chef:

AllenOK

Luvs, I've been working in the food industry for over 20 years. Here in this county, we have to get certified as a Food Service worker every 3 years. I can take that test, and pass it, without ever sitting through the "class". I can even do that online, if I feel like coughing up $25. However, I'm a firm believer in repetition of information to drill the point home, plus it's only $6 if you attend the class.

I just consider this part of the price I have to pay to cook and serve people really good food.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
allen, i have that info drilled into my mind. joe, i take public transport or use my feet. my car is sold. i'll get 1 when i choose to.
allen, i refused 1 test prep class. i deemed that class as not needed & got the highest grade.

Last edited:

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Take a load off, luvs. I used to have flight physicals twice a year and a pressure packed FAA simulator check ride yearly with company sim training on the opposite sixth month. I like my restaurant food clean and healthy as much as you want a capable pilot.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
u should not be of an industry if basics cannot stay in the brain.
i know my basics.
-be clean
-sanitize
-avoid toxins
-if cut, deal with that now
-be smart. being a fool gets u nowhere.
-'nite. i'm exhausted & sleepy.

-if a Chef, u may snooze here & there. once a week.