Portugese Stuffed Quahogs

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Quahogs (inexplicably pronounced KO -hogs) are large clams. So if you just have small clams available, you can use those.

What is different about Portugese stuffed quahogs or clams is the addition of either chourico or linguica, which is spicy sausage.

My father and I each ordered a Portugese Stuffed Quahog recently as appetizers, in an Irish bar/restaurant called Rooney's on Cape Cod. The quahogs were so huge that we had to take our entree in a "to go" box!

My photo is of the Portugese stuffed quahog I ordered at Rooney's. They serve them with a pat of butter on top, a wedge of lemon, and we add a few drops of hot sauce. A great meal, if you also serve a salad and a cup of clam chowder!

Here is a recipe I found on the internet, which sounds just like what we ordered at the restaurant. http://how2heroes.com/videos/family-recipes/stuffed-quahogs

Lee

Attachments

• Stuffed quohog at Rooney's.JPG
    Stuffed quohog at Rooney's.JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 141

Johnny West

I've been thinking about these and will make it with free butter clams. Now I wish I'd of saved the shells from MV. I'd recently googled the Portogee recipes and they look wonderful.