Sunday, what's for supper??

cookingirl

cold here again today! Got a bone in pork roast!
def that, not sure how to do it today...uhmmmmmmm, either witha rub or herbs de provence, which I usually do....roastin an an oven
sides=?????
potatoes, carrots--getting:yuk: tired of those...I need to lose weight seriously!:yuk::yuk:
now gotta get ready for church
ttyl:wink:

Carolina Cooking

I need to lose weight seriously

Cyn, I guess you know lots of diet plans but since I have type 2 , I have loads of web sites & blogs I go to, to keep my BG in line.

I can give you some of them I go to if you want. I have lost 40lbs in a very short time with Atkins(low carb/highfat) plus it is hard for me becuz I take diabete's meds & insulin all with weight gain side effects:(

The recipes are really good.

scratch the potatoe's :laugh: :mrgreen:

cookingirl

Barb,
My problem is that I have to lose and my dad has to maintainn r add a little to his weight. He doesn't care much about food, I try to make the fattening stuff for him, and no sodium to boot...plus, he needs food for the week--leftovers.......my thryroid is low, on meds for that..They say that the level is correct, but I feel it isn't.. maybe it is at the correct level and I am just getting old and dealing with all the life changes! yuk:sad:
My dad cannot do atkins--too much fat for him..so it is a very difficult challenge..but I have to try and do it...def have to now...:popcorn: :bonk::bonk::bonk:
really strange, my thyroid level is ok but I am almost always cold, when I am with others and they are comfortable..my dad is always freezing and we fight over the temp..but at work I am freezing! I have Raynard's also...can't help thinking my metabolism is shorting out--although all the test come back normal...hummmmmmmm:bonk:

Embryodad

def that, not sure how to do it today...uhmmmmmmm, either witha rub or herbs de provence, which I usually do....roastin an an oven
sides=?????
potatoes, carrots--getting:yuk: tired of those...I need to lose weight seriously!:yuk::yuk:
cookingirl.....we are in line to lose weight too, but everytime we get there, they ( these little yum yum voices ) tell us .."Get Back to The End of the Line!"
We're OK with that it seems....haahahahahah

Just ready to googe "Mikes Pastry Shop" ( in Baaaston ) to see what we would like to order and have super shipped in the near future. LOL

Tina loves the Lobster Claws.... I love the Canoli's! Yum Yum Yum.....

Embryodad

Chicken Fried Steak Today....
It is all breaded and fried already...

Mashed taters / corn on cob / peas / Gravy..... Ummm!

Ooops! .... Fresh Baked Dinner rolls too!

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
sides=?????

I usually make mine by inserting slices of garlic all around the meat then rubbing it with olive oil and topping with salt/pepper & rosemary and serve with roasted garlic mashed potatoes and using the pan juices as gravy :thumb:

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
I'm going to make our own Mama's chicken fried steak w/mashed potatoes & country gravy & a green salad! I only eat this good on Sundays lol :biggrin:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
It's gonna be chicken croquettes, mashed potatoes, gravy and broccoli here.

Awww....I'm glad you like it Rickismom! :biggrin:

Guts

made some sourdough pizza balls. Although the best flavor will not develop until a couple of days in the refrigerator. I'm going to try one tonight. If I can get it to rise in time I may just stretch it out anyway. I'm thinking Italian sausage, red Bell peppers and sweet onions.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 137
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 135

GotGarlic

made some sourdough pizza balls. Although the best flavor will not develop until a couple of days in the refrigerator. I'm going to try one tonight. If I can get it to rise in time I may just stretch it out anyway. I'm thinking Italian sausage, red Bell peppers and sweet onions.

I love sourdough. I'd love to have your recipe for those. What size are the containers?

GotGarlic

It's been cool and rainy all day. I have a pot of German sausage and potato soup simmering on the stove and will serve it with some toasted baguette slices drizzled with evoo.

Embryodad

It's been cool and rainy all day. I have a pot of German sausage and potato soup simmering on the stove and will serve it with some toasted baguette slices drizzled with evoo.
Definetely a cool and rainy day kind of a meal..... Sounds delicious.

Embryodad

Owl Rite..

Here is what Jimmy Made for supper today..

It is not the traditional Chicken Fried Steak ( Because of the Gravy Color), and as a matter of fact, it is the first time I breaded and fried steak like this without Italian seasonings and Garlic and cheese. But....I gave a try.

I made a brown gravy.... but Tina said it should be a white gravy.
SOoooooo! I munged Up a little. It was good though.

DW made a Bread pudding last night, and ....what could I say?

90fbeaee.jpg

b94768d7.jpg

f7b69a12.jpg

87d78959.jpg

Deelady

Sounds like we have some yummy meals going on the tables tonight!!

That looks really great Embryodad!! :a1:

I made Honey Drizzled Fried Wings with Buttered Corn and Broccoli.....we all LOVED the chicken!!

Attachments

• food 786.jpg
    food 786.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 137

Embryodad

Sounds like we have some yummy meals going on the tables tonight!!

That looks really great Embryodad!! :a1:

I made Honey Drizzled Fried Wings with Buttered Corn and Broccoli.....we all LOVED the chicken!!
OOooooo! Great LQQKing Wings..and they look crispy. I will eat crispy wings.

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter

Mmmmm! Is your recipe posted??? I'd love to have it :tiphat:

lilylove

One of the guys here went fishing this morning...

raw tuna for dinner tonightl Oh my it was GREAT!!!!

Guts

I love sourdough. I'd love to have your recipe for those. What size are the containers?
G G the containers are just under 7 inches across and about 3 inches tall they are made by glad. I would be more than happy to share my formula. But I don't think it would make much sense to you unless you have a starter already. The guy I got my starter from has been using it for years and years and it was given to him by somebody that had it for years. It's kind of weird that the natural yeast is still alive after years and years. It may be older than me. I doubt that. But it might be. If I were to give you some starter it would take about a week to get to this point. Maybe a little longer if you already have your starter you probably have a formula already my baseline is 113 grams. what I mean by baseline is you would have to have 113 g of starter to start with.

To my surprise, the dough tasted pretty good, but will improve with age and I got more oven spring then I thought I would, making the dough the same day and using it. Anyway, here's some pictures of how it went.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 116
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 107
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 106
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 105
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 118
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:

Embryodad

G G the containers are just under 7 inches across and about 3 inches tall they are made by glad. I would be more than happy to share my formula. But I don't think it would make much sense to you unless you have a starter already. The guy I got my starter from has been using it for years and years and it was given to him by somebody that had it for years. It's kind of weird that the natural yeast is still alive after years and years. It may be older than me. I doubt that. But it might be. If I were to give you some starter it would take about a week to get to this point. Maybe a little longer if you already have your starter you probably have a formula already my baseline is 113 grams. what I mean by baseline is you would have to have 113 g of starter to start with.

To my surprise, the dough tasted pretty good, but will improve with age and I got more oven spring then I thought I would, making the dough the same day and using it. Anyway, here's some pictures of how it went.
WOW!..... Certainly no skimping with the ingredients on those pizza pies!

They look ready to bite; as my jowls are drooling!!

Guts

WOW!..... Certainly no skimping with the ingredients on those pizza pies!

They look ready to bite; as my jowls are drooling!!
thanks Jimmy. I have three more pizza balls to use up this week. I think one of my neighbors is going to get a pizza this week.

Embryodad

thanks Jimmy. I have three more pizza balls to use up this week. I think one of my neighbors is going to get a pizza this week.
That'll work!

I made pizza dough for three pies once, and made just one and put the other two balls in the reefer. I oiled them a little...put them each in a plastic zip lock bag..and they stayed for 4 days with no problems. Took em out 20 minutes before assembly, and there was a better crust than the original fresh one.

Guts

That'll work!

I made pizza dough for three pies once, and made just one and put the other two balls in the reefer. I oiled them a little...put them each in a plastic zip lock bag..and they stayed for 4 days with no problems. Took em out 20 minutes before assembly, and there was a better crust than the original fresh one.
I make this amount every time I make pizza dough, and have been making them like this for a little over two years. The dough balls themselves average weight is about 396 grams sometimes I will take roughly 800 grams and make a loaf of bread and only two pizza dough balls.

Attachments

• B.jpg
    B.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 90

Embryodad

Nice Bread...

I love to take small hunks of the dough, and I would say about2 tablespoons, and then flatten a little (just a little) like this ... () ..and throw them in hot 350ºF oil for deep frying. Zepoli's are what they are called. When they come out of the fryer..we drop them in a bowl or bag with granulated sugar and shake. OMG they are so good. I like mine plain though. After they are made for the family...I take a few for me, and open a hole in the raw dough with my finger..Poke it / and stuff with a anchiovie.. That calls for 5 more brews.

DW likes Honey on hers.

They are so easy to make, but boy they are too fattening to eat every week.

I could eat them every day. L O L

fb91930e.jpg

Leni

Mom made those and so do I. Never knew that they had a name. She would use Bisquick and roll them in cinnamon and suger.