The "Ann" (breakfast sandwich)

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I've invented a new breakfast sandwich, and, inspired by VeraBlue's naming of her restaurant's sandwiches, named mine after my friend, Ann.

Ann always makes us perfectly fried eggs for breakfast when we are together, she is Italian, and she has spectacular sage in her garden.

The "Ann" is two eggs, fried over-easy, in butter, served with 6-7 fresh sage leaves, fried in the browned butter till crisp (could have used a few more sage leaves), a slice of provolone cheese and some yellow mustard, on a toasted bulkie roll.

Here's a picture, and it was DELICIOUS, but I was so excited to dig in this morning that I forgot to put in the slice of provolone! Next time, the Ann will be even better!

Lee

Attachments

• The Ann.JPG
    The Ann.JPG
    104.1 KB · Views: 1,132

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Man Lee, that's just the way I like my fried eggs, with the crispy edges.
Very pretty is the "Ann"!
Makes my tummy growl!

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I think you got a winner there Lee. I'll have to try an Ann one morning. :D

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I made this again yesterday morning and remembered using the provolone and more sage leaves this time.

Magnificent! If I do say so.

Ann said she was flattered that I named a sandwich after her, but she doesn't like over-easy eggs herself. She's happy to make them for others.

Hmmmph!

Lee

Attachments

• The Ann.JPG
    The Ann.JPG
    137.6 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Yet ANOTHER picture of The Ann! (Can you tell that I love this sandwich, LOL!)

I'm getting better at this. It works better if I do the eggs "over hard", so just a little yolk is runny.

Lee

Attachments

• The Ann 2.JPG
    The Ann 2.JPG
    108 KB · Views: 182

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Not many cooking posts today, so I may as well post yet ANOTHER photo of my favorite breakfast sandwich.

This time I used an English muffin and American cheese, and a better variety of sage for "fried in butter sage chips" (yum!)

Maybe I should give this one a different name. What's a good English-American name? :)

Lee

Attachments

• Ann - American cheese.JPG
    Ann - American cheese.JPG
    123.4 KB · Views: 134