file_zps40a98864.jpg
file_zps10572148.jpg

On the grill @350* with Avacodo wood for smoke
file_zpse9f4770e.jpg

file_zps0472eab9.jpg

Pulled @ 165* internal
file_zps7dee5f4b.jpg

file_zpsddc1914a.jpg

Served with carrot, fingerling potato, and pea ragout.The brined chicken was moist and very tasty I did not use any seasoning just the brine. this was another wonderful meal and do it again and again

Brine:http://www.madhunkymeats.com/opencar...&product_id=52

Recipe:http://www.finecooking.com/recipes/c...ea-ragout.aspx

Thanks for looking
Ross

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I can almost taste it! We really enjoy smoked chicken when it's been brined overnight. As you say, very moist and flavorful, and really doesn't need any more seasonings. If you would care to try my brine recipe, you can check it out here. I noticed by the color of your brine liquid that we use different recipes.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Looks Awesome Ross. Good job.

Have you ever tried marinading in Italian Dressing overnight or for 5 hrs like you brined? I have never brined my chicken before grilling but I do love marinading it in Italian Dressing. I will have to try brine-ing it once to so I can compare.

Guts

Ross could you disclose the ingredients of your Brine, I would like it out with some chicken, then smoked of course. Thanks in advance
Kim

UncleRalph

Quo Fata Ferunt
Site Supporter
Have you ever tried marinading in Italian Dressing overnight or for 5 hrs like you brined?

Oh noooooooooooooooooooooo. . . ..I wish that never started in the 80's, it's such a disservice to the bird. Considering what can be thrown together just as easily, I just hate that old "go to". . .I might be speaking from years of seeing it, and you do what works for you, but with a brine I don't see the point of marinating the bird in dressing, and then brining it.

The brine will bring more to the bird, and INTO the bird than the dressing, as it replaces the natural water, and juices in the bird, with the brine. A more uniform season, and seasons through out the meat.

The end results look great! You give that egg a workout, RIV. Good stuff. How have you liked your Egg? how long have you had it?

Ross in Ventura

Oh noooooooooooooooooooooo. . . ..I wish that never started in the 80's, it's such a disservice to the bird. Considering what can be thrown together just as easily, I just hate that old "go to". . .I might be speaking from years of seeing it, and you do what works for you, but with a brine I don't see the point of marinating the bird in dressing, and then brining it.

The brine will bring more to the bird, and INTO the bird than the dressing, as it replaces the natural water, and juices in the bird, with the brine. A more uniform season, and seasons through out the meat.

The end results look great! You give that egg a workout, RIV. Good stuff. How have you liked your Egg? how long have you had it?

Thanks Ralph, Ive had it for five years and love cooking on it

Ross
Dag, that looks like something I'd want to try!!!
You should Sherman

Ross

Shermie

Site Supporter
Thanks Ralph, Ive had it for five years and love cooking on it

Ross

You should Sherman

Ross

Yup!!

But I don't have an outdoor grill, so I'll have to inprovise and use the oven, rotisserie or the Rival BBQ Pit Crock Pot Slow Cooker.

But I'm going to do it with all drumsticks. The thighs have too much fat!!

Last edited: