Time to explain about "The Warden"

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Not long ago, I posted the chili project;
Buckytom Commented on "The Warden" and our "Prison Gruel (guess that was the chili)..
I realized that I'd never explained why she was "the Warden"............

Way back when I was in my thirties and she was in her twenties, it was a habit of mine to invite her upstairs for some "game" time; you guys know how that sometimes plays out, and sometimes not........
So, one day, she invites me up to play games; I mentioned that the ball game was on and could she hold that thought for a while.......... She responded, "no".
Being the curious sort, I asked why she could turn down my offer with impunity, but my turning her down was a no-no......She replied, "Because I'm the Warden....... the GAME Warden"......... and she has been ever since, these last 35 years................:wub:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
You two seem to have a great relationship, and I grin every time I see you refer to her as the Warden. I just assumed it was because she has always kept you on a very short leash and wouldn't let you go galavantin' with your buds :mrgreen:.

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
I thought I was the only one with a warden. She makes me eat low sodium herbal stuff and won't let me out for good behavior. :yum: After 36 years a person should get some freedoms back.:whistling:She told me to cook tonight so I reached way in the back of the top shelf in the freezer and got out smoked sausage that I made.

UncleRalph

Quo Fata Ferunt
Site Supporter
I couldn't be more grateful for my warden. Hell, I feel for her, just keeping me in check is a full time job in itself. She puts up with my gruel pretty well too.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Obituary for Diane Trimmer (The Warden)

150x222-5771069.jpg
Diane L. Trimmer (nee Maddy) passed away Tuesday July 17, 2018 in Philadelphia. She was 63. Diane was born in Beckley, West Virginia and a longtime resident of Croydon, PA. She worked for Appliance Parts Distributors for over 35 years. Diane absolutely adored her family. She always looked forward to trips to Cape May, where she and her husband would spend their anniversary every year.
Diane will be sadly missed by her devoted husband of over 35 years, Lawrence W. Trimmer Jr., her beloved children, Nathan Trimmer (Samantha) and Lawrence W. Trimmer III (Janette), her siblings Donald, Russell Jr, and Bobby Maddy, her Grandchildren, Julianna, Jocelyn, Lukas, and Sydney, and many nieces and nephews.
Diane was preceded in death by her Father, Russell Maddy Sr., her Mother, Bettie Jane Spaulding, and her brother Michael Maddy. Relatives and friends are invited to attend her visitation Friday, from 12 to 1 PM at the Tomlinson Funeral Home, P.C., 2207 Bristol Pike, Bensalem, PA 19020, followed by her service at 1 PM. Interment will be private.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Hugs, Lucky.
I hope you're getting on well.
What a lovely woman to have had in your life.
It's not easy to accept the loss for a long time.
Sadness becomes less.
Time heals to impart weeks and months of reflection and thankfulness for having had the privilege of sharing life with one so very wonderful.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
LT, I am so very sorry to learn of your loss.

Thank you for sharing with us, and we are here for you, with thoughts of sympathy and peace.

Lee

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Ahhh so sorry for your loss LT. So sad. I can only imagine how devastating the loss of your partner in life must be. :(