Tuesday 8/30/11 What are you eating today?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I had a cold slice of leftover Pizza Town pizza for breakfast.
I am going to get a shaved turkey breast and leaf lettuce on whole wheat with mayo, salt and pepper for lunch from the deli.

If all goes well I am planning on making homemade meatballs and sauce. I will serve with either cheese raviolis or cavatelli.

What are you eating today?

Last edited:

Embryodad

NO Clue yet.... I know DW will be eating her Jelled Feet...so that leaves me to fend for myself...

I could go for "Wimpy's" ( sloppy joes )... I have ground beef too!

mhend

I never got around to making that chicken piccata, so hopefully that's going to be dinner tonight.

Ronjohn

Thinking it'll be pan sauteed pork cutlets in an onion/sauce and mashed potatoes with garlic roasted broccoli. That's not set in stone though.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I had broiled fish and salad last night, so I splurged for lunch today.....fried chicken gizzards :heart:. I'm not sure about tonight, but it's going to be something kind of light.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
We had chicken noodle soup for lunch.

I had just finished making a batch of chicken stock. I cut up the last chicken leg, sauteed a few mushrooms, sliced up some carrots, celery & scallions. Tossed it all in a small pan of the stock with a handful of noodles and a few peas.

Kinda strange to have soup when it's 92 degrees outside, but it was convenient.

Attachments

• chick soup 009.jpg
    chick soup 009.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 129

Embryodad

I had just finished making a batch of chicken stock. I cut up the last chicken leg, sauteed a few mushrooms, sliced up some carrots, celery & scallions. Tossed it all in a small pan of the stock with a handful of noodles and a few peas.

Ooooo! that's great looking soup S S ...

My style...all cut nice and easy to spoon up!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

OH MY LORD SS I wish I was at your house. That soup looks so colorful and loaded with wonderful flavor.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
My gravy and meatballs are done and meatballs are simmering in the gravy. I nicked the cuticle on my pinky and it was bleeding like mad now it is just ouching. We are going to have cavatelli, meatballs and salad.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks y'all, I skipped the bacon tonight since we had it on our Chicken club salads last night :lol:

I'm stumped. What are cavenders?

Greek seasoning:

http://www.cavendersseasoning.com/order_online.php

ETA: Penzey's also carries it:

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, Times New Roman, sans-serif]Greek Seasoning
[/FONT]A traditional blend of lemon, garlic and oregano. To make GREEK SALAD DRESSING: Mix 2 TB. seasoning with 2 TB. water, let stand 5 min. Add ¼ Cup olive oil, ¼ Cup salad oil, 1/3 Cup red wine vinegar (or ¼ cup balsamic vinegar and 2 TB. water), plus 1 tsp. sugar if desired. Use to dress vegetable salads, tomatoes and red onion with feta cheese and olives, chicken and pasta salads, or a plain lettuce salad. For gyros, mix 1 TB. in 1 TB. water. Let stand 5 min., add 1 TB. olive oil and 1 TB. lemon juice. Combine with 1 lb. cubed lamb (traditional), pork or chicken, refrigerate 2 hours. Broil until browned. Mix 2-3 tsp. with 1 Cup yogurt and 2 TB. cucumber for gyro sauce. Great on grilled, baked or fried fish or chicken, rub on 1 tsp. per lb. Hand-mixed from: coarse salt, garlic, lemon, black pepper, Turkish oregano, marjoram.
Product#
Description
Price
Qty
21911 Greek Seasoning 1 lb. bag
$17.20
[COLOR=#00000] [/COLOR]
21982 Greek Seasoning 8 oz. bag
$9.15
[COLOR=#00000] [/COLOR]
21940 Greek Seasoning 4 oz. bag
$5.09
[COLOR=#00000] [/COLOR]
21953 Greek Seasoning 2.3 oz. 1/2 cup jar
$5.45
[COLOR=#00000] [/COLOR]
21937 Greek Seasoning 1.0 oz. 1/4 cup jar
$3.25
[COLOR=#00000] [/COLOR]

http://www.penzeys.com/cgi-bin/penzeys/p-penzeysgreekseas.html

Last edited:

Nancy-MD

That is one lovely bowl of soup. And it looks absolutely delicious!
I will ditto what I said about SS's soup, Mama. Looks wonderful!

Everyone's meals sound so good!
Today is the first day I have cooked supper since the hurricane. We finally got our full power restored this afternoon. We had been eating dinner out every day and I was using my electric skillet for breakfast and making sandwiches for lunch.
My pregnant daughter was over tonight and had a craving for spaghetti, so that is what I cooked for us.

Attachments

• spaghetti and salad 001.jpg
    spaghetti and salad 001.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 111

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
That is one lovely bowl of soup. And it looks absolutely delicious!

I will ditto what I said about SS's soup, Mama. Looks wonderful!

Everyone's meals sound so good!
Today is the first day I have cooked supper since the hurricane. We finally got our full power restored this afternoon. We had been eating dinner out every day and I was using my electric skillet for breakfast and making sandwiches for lunch.
My pregnant daughter was over tonight and had a craving for spaghetti, so that is what I cooked for us.
YUMMY Nan!
I also made pasta.

Full power? Glad you are at 100% finally. We were so fortunate to not lose power at all. Which completely surprised me.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Homemade meatballs and gravy over cavatelli topped with fresh grated parmesan and romano cheeses and salad.

083011_meatballs_cavatelli_salad.jpg

Ronjohn

Stuck pretty close to the plan. Added mushrooms and made a thin pan gravy. Have a picture but cant get it to post from my phone at the moment.

Norm

Decided to make pizzas tonight. Charlie wanted all the toppings kept separate so everyone could add what they wanted to their own. Then he got called to work so everything was rushed.

Cassie is on a gluten free diet to see if that is the cause of her stomach problems. I got a King Arthur gluten free flour mix and made a dough for her with it.

There was a comedian on TV a while back that said he got some gluten free bread at a health food store... He said he didn't know what gluten was but apparently it's delicious. LOL. No truer words were ever spoken. It worked like play dough and didn't taste much better. It wasn't too bad with the sauce and toppings though.

Because I made two different doughs and Charlie had to leave as quickly as possible, I was rushed and didn't have time to take pictures today. The topping choices were ground lamb, Italian sausage, black olives, and pepperoni. The sauce was Newman's marinara sauce and the cheeses were 'fresh' mozzarella and fresh grated romano.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Had company for dinner so I made a sirloin tip roast with the usual suspects.

Dinner083011.jpg

P1030898.jpg

Baguettes083011.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Fantastic Joe!! I want to jump into that gravy and take a swim!!

Ronjohn

Got the photo finally. I really need to work on the whole "Upload from the phone" if I want to do more of this ;)

Attachments

• dinner.jpg
    dinner.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 80

Nancy-MD

YUMMY Nan!
I also made pasta.

Full power? Glad you are at 100% finally. We were so fortunate to not lose power at all. Which completely surprised me.
Thanks Peep. Yeah, we had low voltage for days which meant not enough to use the electric stove, toaster, dishwasher, microwave and the fridges and freezers had to be powered by generator every few hours to keep them cold. We had lights and (thankfully!) I could use my computer. It took 30 minutes just to make a pot of coffee! Ha! Did I mention I LOVE ELECTRICITY? LOL
Homemade meatballs and gravy over cavatelli topped with fresh grated parmesan and romano cheeses and salad.

083011_meatballs_cavatelli_salad.jpg
Dang. That looks so delish!
Had company for dinner so I made a sirloin tip roast with the usual suspects.

Dinner083011.jpg

P1030898.jpg

Baguettes083011.jpg
Yum, Joe! And those loaves of bread are beautiful.
Got the photo finally. I really need to work on the whole "Upload from the phone" if I want to do more of this ;)
Great looking meal, Ronjohn.