Tuesday 8/23/11 What's on the menu?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I want to use up this and that so I have no clue what will be on the menu today.

Any plans?

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Not even a glimmer...some friends and I are going into Vallarta to go to a movie this afternoon. Might stop at Costco and grab something ready made...

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Possibly chicken (not sure of the meat as yet really)..
For sure either a baked sweet potato, or I may venture to make sweet potato fries, with the chipotle sour cream (IF I can find it)
I'd like to also make a cuke salad, possibly the cuke/onion and tomato salad..

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Lou is coming home tonight!!

We missed lots of meals together!

Spaghetti Western is the cocktail for the night - Bulliet bourbon, rosemary simple syrup and campari oranges.

Shrimp with lemon and garlic for a first course
Cheese ravioli with sauteed tomatoes and basil for the main course
Insalate with meatball for the third course

Homemade sesame cookies for dessert

Naturally, Lou can pick the wine.

Quite the meal for a Tuesday night..

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
It will probably be simple chicken soup and simple beef barley soup. Both using odds and ends in fridge and freezer.

WOW I think we may have had an earthquake just now. House was shaking and my hub was on phone with someone down the shore and his house was shaking at the same time. I have to check into this.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
5.8 earthquake in Epicenter in Mineral, Virginia. Felt in DC, PA, NY, NJ and Ohio.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I'm thinking of using my Salisbury steak recipe to make meatballs and gravy and putting it over egg noodles. Broccoli on the side.

K

Kimchee

Shake and bake! (ha ah earthquake joke.)

Seriously, I am having spare ribs and sauerkraut... another dish I
dearly love that my wife can live without... so since we are temporarily
apart, I should pig out on it, huh?

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
Birthday meal of roasted chicken, boiled Anya potatoes, mixed vegetables & gravy followed by what should have been my birthday cake (DW forgot the flour - so it was more a very sweet fruit pudding) with ice cream.

Deelady

Not sure about dinner but I make these for my girlfriend and I for a small lunch along with some fruit.....Flaky butter biscuits stuffed with beef, cream cheese, green chilis and spices.

Attachments

• food 684.jpg
    food 684.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 123
  • food 686.jpg
    food 686.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 118

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Not sure about dinner but I make these for my girlfriend and I for a small lunch along with some fruit.....Flaky butter biscuits stuffed with beef, cream cheese, green chilis and spices.
YUMMY!

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
We're having Bacon Cheeseburger Soup again. Not sure if this soup will freeze well, so we'll eat it till it's gone. Anyone freeze and thaw this one before? Does it get weird because of the milk & sour cream? Sent some to a retired priest friend who lives at the church where DW works. Awaiting a report this evening. He's on Cumadin(?) and cannot have leafy green veggies, so this should be OK for him. He eats soup for lunch every day, and enjoys the homemade soups I make all Winter.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Well, I looked at 3 stores and found no chipotle sour cream... so I had to settle for a dollop of Daisy ;)
2011-08-23 17-16-25.035.jpg

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Birthday meal of roasted chicken, boiled Anya potatoes, mixed vegetables & gravy followed by what should have been my birthday cake (DW forgot the flour - so it was more a very sweet fruit pudding) with ice cream.

It sounds like a wonderful dinner Ray! Happy Birthday again!

:ohmy: Dee those look wonderful!

We're having Bacon Cheeseburger Soup again. Not sure if this soup will freeze well, so we'll eat it till it's gone. Anyone freeze and thaw this one before? Does it get weird because of the milk & sour cream? Sent some to a retired priest friend who lives at the church where DW works. Awaiting a report this evening. He's on Cumadin(?) and cannot have leafy green veggies, so this should be OK for him. He eats soup for lunch every day, and enjoys the homemade soups I make all Winter.

I have no idea Joe. Maybe freeze a cup or so and see how it turns out.

Well, I looked at 3 stores and found no chipotle sour cream... so I had to settle for a dollop of Daisy ;)
View attachment 13503

YUM Sass!

I made a sort of stroganoff. I made salisbury steak meatballs and a mushroom gravy that I added a little sour cream to. I also made some dinner rolls. I made strawberries and bananas for dessert.

Attachments

• dinner08-23-2011.jpg
    dinner08-23-2011.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 108
  • dinnerrolls1.jpg
    dinnerrolls1.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 107
  • strawberriesandbananas.jpg
    strawberriesandbananas.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 104

homecook

Dee, those look wonderful! I bet they tasted just as good....

Sass, your dinner looks really tasty. Next time add some chipotle to your Daisy. lol It comes in a can but it's very spicy so just use a little.

I'm on my own tonight so I'm trying something a little different tonight.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
:a1: Dang Mama!!!
I LOVE your dinner, and those pics!
Thanks you two, and Barb.. if only I'd thought of that..~> ME <~ dunce lol
Can't wait to see what you make!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
View attachment 13503

It sounds like a wonderful dinner Ray! Happy Birthday again!

:ohmy: Dee those look wonderful!

I have no idea Joe. Maybe freeze a cup or so and see how it turns out.

YUM Sass!

I made a sort of stroganoff. I made salisbury steak meatballs and a mushroom gravy that I added a little sour cream to. I also made some dinner rolls. I made strawberries and bananas for dessert.
WOW you two have me drooling!! VERY NICE

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks Sass, Barb and Peepers! I can't wait to see what you come up with Barb...I know it will be good.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Vegetable beef barley soup (chopped pot roast and the onion mushroom au jus from last night, frozen mixed vegetables, diced potato, chopped vine tomato and cooked barley).

082311_vegetable_beef_barley_soup.jpg

Embryodad

I could go for them...
We used to stuff the biscuits with those baby hot dogs.
Son loves them...