Sunday 8/21/11 What's on the menu?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Well I have eggplant parm and salad planned but one never knows what the day may bring. Especially when you are under a severe weather alert till 3 AM Monday.

Any plans?

Carolina Cooking

Stuffed chicken breast.

ricotta cheese with some whole fat shredded fresh mozz and parm. 1 egg. mix & stuff . some slivered almonds thrown in.
garlic.s&p.
bake till good & brown.

brussel sprouts cooked with bacon.

I am sick of Jello so I am making a jello lemon chiffon.

:margarita:almost forgot . yes..A nice big strawberry one at that.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Stuffed chicken breast.

ricotta cheese with some whole fat shredded fresh mozz and parm. 1 egg. mix & stuff . some slivered almonds thrown in.
garlic.s&p.
bake till good & brown.

brussel sprouts cooked with bacon.

I am sick of Jello so I am making a jello lemon chiffon.

:margarita:almost forgot . yes..A nice big strawberry one at that.
Sounds fantastic Barb

Carolina Cooking

lol its funny how it came together. What I thought to be sour cream turned out to be riccotta, & since I don't eat pasta anymore, I had to think about what to do with it.
I was taking the breasts out the oh so pack jammed small freezer on my fridge the box of brusselS fell out on the floor :laugh:

I had some frozen strawberrys that are absoluluty tasteless & decided to chuck them. Oh I might have myself a nice big adult beverage.. Hey that works lol. More freezer space too.

Embryodad

Happy..Pre-Thanksgiving! LOL

Breast 0 Turkey / stuffing / sweet taters / mashed taters /

OMG..not to forget the cranberry sauce..

Da boid is in da oven..Quack! Quack! Quact!...errr or is it Gobble! Gobble! Gobble!? ? ? ....:dizzy:

DD made a White French Vanilla Cake and Is ready to ice it with white butter Cream frosting / icing.

We sing H B D T Y for :heart:Tina Mommy:heart:...she's gonna be another year older on Tuesday...hahahahahahaha.......:kiss: :blowcandle::wow:

The kids are busy working and going to school that day; so we do a BD on Today! ......

It's gonna be like a later lunch and early supper.....around threeish.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i have veal in the fridge & was thinking of making that or borstch.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Happy Early Birthday to Tina!

Gotta go to Sam's so we'll pick up a pizza.

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
Well if Peeps wasn't already cooking eggplant I would be cooking eggplant. lol

Anyway I am cooking Burgers and Fries. I want a veggie but not sure yet as of what kind.

cookingirl

Sunday Supper:
Roasted Chicken--stuffed cavity with lemon. shallots, orange, celery; rubbed skin with lots of butter. sprinkled some herb de provence, pepper and squeezed the other half of the orange on top....
Gravy: boiled some unsalted chicken broth to 1/2 (concentrated flavors) added some finely chopped shallots (which I sauteed earlier in butter) some herb de provence, pepper, a tad water, some orange juice (to taste) and whisked in some wondra powder--cooked for a few minutes, adjusted seasoning..
Potatoes: mashed with butter, a tad of whipped lite cram cheese, and a touch of milk, and pepper..
Veggies; frozen mixed (string beans, carrots, corn) nuked in butter....
Yummy meal for no salt--I added salt and more pepper to mine!! shush!
I thought it came out good--my dad did too! yay!! he hates chicken!! :good:

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
301138_1904729306820_1499378782_1589608_7123466_n.jpg

Norm

Happy birthday Tina. Eggplant? I had some too. Japanese eggplant grilled whole then dressed with lime juice, sesame oil and soy sauce. Also grilled some strip steaks, had twice baked potato, and okra from the farm market yesterday. Cassie made apple crisp but it was still in the oven when I took this picture. Salad has tomato and avocado.

DSCF3422.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Everyones meals sound fantastic.

CG I want roast chicken, taters and gravy.

Nice burger and fries LS.

Norm that steak and tater looks awesome.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Eggplant Parmesan and salad (red and green butter lettuce, red leaf lettuce, boston lettuce, romaine lettuce, sliced mushrooms, sliced cucumber, tomato, black & green olives, McCormick’s Parmesan & herb and Salad Supreme Perfect Pinch toppings and sliced almonds with homemade dressing).

082111_eggplant.jpg

Nancy-MD

Everybody's food looks and sounds delicious, as always! Especially Jimmy's! Yummo on the turkey dinner - and happy early birthday to Tina!

I had eye of round roast on the rotisserie with smashed red potatoes, steamed green beans and cheesy corn.

Attachments

• rotisserie beef roast.jpg
    rotisserie beef roast.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 108

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Everybody's food looks and sounds delicious, as always! Especially Jimmy's! Yummo on the turkey dinner - and happy early birthday to Tina!

I had eye of round roast on the rotisserie with smashed red potatoes, steamed green beans and cheesy corn.
OH Nan. I want to trade dinners! I love eye round.

Embryodad

Thanks For all The Birthday Wishes for Tina...:bdaycake:

She was ill today, and we dined and had a party...and then she felt better, and we got to celebrate a little. She said she had the shivers and shakes, and felt cold.

Everything went out on the table hot and with ease.

b275e3d0.jpg

Turkey Breast..... and all the trimmings...

dd42a0b9.jpg

0d738430.jpg

And the cake, and I was asked to cut it!...it was a riot, I am not a neat or good cake cutter...as you can see the mess I made......ghahahahaha
They won't ask again....

68762340.jpg

9e2b1a6a.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Looks fantastic Jimmy! I want turkey now. Everyone else seems to be making it. Shop-Rite has turkey breasts on sale.

Mr. Green Jeans

Juicy Bleusies (bleu cheese stuffed burgers) roastin' ears (we eat them with fresh squeezed lime juice and sea salt) & cucumber salad.

Embryodad

Looks fantastic Jimmy! I want turkey now. Everyone else seems to be making it. Shop-Rite has turkey breasts on sale.
peeps...That was a ShopRite Breast. It was delicious and tender.
That one DD Mia got it free with the spend so much and get a free turkey or ham.
We pool att the ShopRite spending on the same Savings Card..so it racks up spending dollars quickly.

Nancy-MD

Thanks For all The Birthday Wishes for Tina...:bdaycake:

She was ill today, and we dined and had a party...and then she felt better, and we got to celebrate a little. She said she had the shivers and shakes, and felt cold.

Everything went out on the table hot and with ease.

b275e3d0.jpg

Turkey Breast..... and all the trimmings...

dd42a0b9.jpg

0d738430.jpg

And the cake, and I was asked to cut it!...it was a riot, I am not a neat or good cake cutter...as you can see the mess I made......ghahahahaha
They won't ask again....

68762340.jpg

9e2b1a6a.jpg
Glad Tina eventually felt well enough to enjoy some of this delicious looking food!
Great meal and the cake doesn't look so badly cut to me! It still tastes good!

Embryodad

Glad Tina eventually felt well enough to enjoy some of this delicious looking food!
Great meal and the cake doesn't look so badly cut to me! It still tastes good!

Thanks Nancy. Yeah!...poor "T" just got the chills and shivers..and had to jump under the covers.
It was weird celebrating her meal and cake without her. DD went to wake her a couple times to see how she felt, but it was fruitless. She was in a second world and sleeping like a baby. LOL...

She's watching TV now on her little baby TV / DVD player in bed. She has a 10" Sony player, and she watches TV on it too. She said she feels Cozy watching the little small personal screen size TV monitor. Ha Ha Ha .....:clap:

PanchoHambre

Had a grill-out planned bit it was a wash, literally, so ended up making a baked chili-mac with Chorizo, Tomatoes and Mozz.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
What a bunch of nice dinners...Cookingirl, your chicken sounds wonderful.

Jimmy - bless you for fixing such a nice meal for your Tina. I hope she feels better soon, and that she enjoys her birthday.

Peeps - I have never made eggplant parm, but you are about to inspire me.

Great looking meal, Norm...I like the look of that Japanese eggplant...and the steak...and the potatoes...and the okra...and the salad...

Beautiful roast beef, Nancy, and your potatoes look SO good.

Good looking burger, LS - looks like "secret sauce"!

Mr. GJ - chili mac with chorizo and mozzarella sounds yummy.

I took the remnants of our pizza session last night (mushrooms, tomatoes, onions, garlic, sauce) and put it all in the crockpot with some browned, B/S chicken thighs. After cooking all afternoon, it was pretty delicious served on spaghetti pasta. Salad and home made bread...tried to load a pic, but the server must have been feeling contrary.