Friday~ 10/28-what's cooking?

cookingirl

Don't know yet---gotta take daddy to the doctors--urgent apptmt--sob, weak, etc....same old, same old...not really.....
supper will be quick, fast and easy...depending on how the day goes-if he goes to er or not....

Don't know yet---gotta take daddy to the doctors--urgent apptmt--sob, weak, etc....same old, same old...not really.....
supper will be quick, fast and easy...depending on how the day goes-if he goes to er or not....

Same here, CG. Hope your Dad is better. I was in the er recently, & today it was either the er again or urgent care. Motion Pix' HMO managed to squeeze me in today.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Hope all goes well with your dad CG.

No clue what's for dinner.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Sorry to hear about your dad. I hope all goes well cookingirl.

I bought a couple of those bacon wrapped beef tenderloin filets at the store yesterday since they were on sale. I've never tried them before so we'll see. Probably baked potatoes and salad for the sides. Maybe some kind of homemade bread or rolls.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i was thinking corn/chix chowder, though i hafta check the level in the carton. there's cream to supplement that.
hugs cg!

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hope all goes well CG.

In the ER again CC? Whats up with that? Hope all is okay with you.

New York style pizza is for dinner in our house. We buy it at a unique local pizza shop that is indeed one of a kind. So so good.

lilylove

Plane leaves at 6am tomorrow morning... that means we'll be up be 3am... dinner... ham sandwiches. No cooking, No cleaning. :)

Leni

Sorry to hear about the medical problems. Hope everyone gets well soon.

TJ's carries a whole wheat pizza dough. DH bought two packages the other day so it's going to be pizza night. I've got Canadian bacon and pineapple chunks. DD loves Hawaiian pizza.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Have fun in Mexico Lilylove!

Time got away from me today so I picked up some Chick-fil-a while I was out. The tenderloin filets will have to wait until tomorrow.

cookingirl

Thanks everyone for the good thoughts and wishes..
My dad is home--increased some of his meds and he now has oxygen--which just arrived and set up for nights and when needed during the day.. I cannot wait for him to see his new cardiologist in the heart failure clinic...he is really failing and I am seriously considering cutting work back to 4 days instead of 5...but it is soo much money to lose, esp being alone (one salary) and with this economy.....
supper:
Daddy had a few gnocchi---have to find better...maybe at Pace's Italian store (tomorrow)
Me---pizza bagel for lunch
pre supper--chai tea with vanilla creamer
supper---butter crackers with cranberry white stilton cheese, and a glass of Pinoit...
daddy is napping..I am listening to the swish, pop, of the oxygenator..
sorry--venting again

CC---OMGosh..
How are you?
What happened--is it your toe? oh no.....good thoughts your way!!! take it easy-----xxoo

Embryodad

CG and CC... well wishes and prayers for you and yours!

Just threw some pizza in the oven..

DW wanted sausage topping / I wanted onion..then I made another plain cheese, and peppers.

I had frozen sauce (pizza) and I only had to make the dough!

It smells ok..hahaha I hope it comes out ok?

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
here's my dinner. suited this weather well. i garnished w/ chives, black pepper & cream-

Attachments

• IMG_013849.jpg
    IMG_013849.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 214

Embryodad

Made a couple tray's of Pizza.
Mommy was whishin..so I fullfilled her wish.

I made one 1/2 Sausage ...1/2 ..onion.

The other one... 1/2 Plain cheese . .1/2 peppers.

I used mozzarella / muenster / Brick / and Cooper cheeses.
The crust was nice and firm...no saggy bottom either

Tina mommy made a banana cream pudding dessert with vanilla wafer cookies. It was great.

336a87e4.jpg

4080be4b.jpg

d154a7c4.jpg

a7491a38.jpg

3b6df3ab.jpg

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Everyones food sounds wonderful!!

Luvs and Jimmy that all looks fantastic!!

Embryodad

Thanks peep..
I am so full...uhhhhh!
I look like a lump on a log! ...hahahahahahaha

I can't even think of food right now.

I have about 1/2 lb fresh sausage and almost a lb of ground beef. I don't want chilli...or tacos...but I was thinking of nice Meat balls. Bigger than normal ones.
Maybe a loaf of bread...and a salad with that; tomorrow of course.

I should go into the garage and do some snow shovel screws tightening and keep awake till this pizza digests. Grrrr!!!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
thanx, jimmy & peepz- u have dinner yet, peeps~. my new-Dad makes that pudding, jimmy. i luv it. pizza looks great, too

Norm

The kids are working today so dinner will be quite late. I imagine it will be close to midnight. It will be quick and easy though. I am going to steam some pre cooked small lobsters along with mussels, clams, shrimp, corn on the cob and bratwurst. I just put some potatoes in the oven to bake too.

Embryodad

The kids are working today so dinner will be quite late. I imagine it will be close to midnight. It will be quick and easy though. I am going to steam some pre cooked small lobsters along with mussels, clams, shrimp, corn on the cob and bratwurst. I just put some potatoes in the oven to bake too.
That seafood boil sounds good Norm..

Wow. The kids work late! That's really late to have dinner, but I guess we all do our own thing.
My wife could eat at 12 mid..and go to bed at 1..but not me. I cant even eat at 8 and go to bed at 1. I need at least 8 or 9 hours for a supper / dinner to digest.
God bless You and yours!

homecook

All your dinners look and sound fantastic!! :wow:The chowder, pizza, dessert and I'm dying over here looking at that seafood. lol

I made a Butternut Squash soup with parmesan cheese and fried sage. It turned out really good!

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 196

Embryodad

All your dinners look and sound fantastic!! :wow:The chowder, pizza, dessert and I'm dying over here looking at that seafood. lol

I made a Butternut Squash soup with parmesan cheese and fried sage. It turned out really good!

Looks great homecook. I have acorn squash I have to do something with.
Maybe some soup? I D K

That seafood fest looks good Norm. I'm gettin hungry looking at it!!

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
Made a couple tray's of Pizza.
Mommy was whishin..so I fullfilled her wish.

I made one 1/2 Sausage ...1/2 ..onion.

The other one... 1/2 Plain cheese . .1/2 peppers.

I used mozzarella / muenster / Brick / and Cooper cheeses.
The crust was nice and firm...no saggy bottom either

Tina mommy made a banana cream pudding dessert with vanilla wafer cookies. It was great.

336a87e4.jpg

4080be4b.jpg

d154a7c4.jpg

a7491a38.jpg

3b6df3ab.jpg

Yum!
3b6df3ab.jpg

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter

Oh Barb! that looks delicious.

attachment.php

GotGarlic

I wasn't feeling well last night, so we had Chinese takeout. A nice hot bowl of wonton soup with sweet and sour chicken for me and boneless BBQ ribs for DH, along with pork fried rice.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
thanx, LS!
i made a blonde roux, added my milk 4 the bechamel, (i let it stay thicker @ 1st as i figured the corn would thin it), seasoned w/ black pepper, sage, chives (many of them), added maybe half a bag of corn, then took shredded meat from a chix i stewed the nite before & added that.) added cream & addt.'l milk to adjust the consistency & garnished-