Thursday 9/1/11 What's cooking?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I think dinner will be some sort of breakfast meal today.

Any plans?

Embryodad

Nothing in thought so far.

I know one thing..."T" baby is in Pa at the food purveyers.
She called and said she got a ton of Italian sausage.
Shes also picking up chopped beef.

She's going to my cousins, and they are gonna make Italian Meat loaves with ricotta filling. It is good...but to me, it is just a Giagundo Meatball with ricotta inside.

Plus she will bring back Pizza and God only knows whatever else.

So..today..I will set cooking aside for now, and I will get some work done on the house. I have to replace the window screens on the front window in the Living Room! Grrrrrr. that means..wash the windows first. hahahahahahaha

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Leftover potato soup and probably some grilled cheese sandwiches to go with it.

Embryodad

Leftover potato soup and probably some grilled cheese sandwiches to go with it.
Mama...soup sounds good. Grilled cheese sounds better too!..

Mom used to say.."Eat your soup; if you are hungry after a while, that's ok!"
Soup fills for 2 hours, and you get hungry later. That's ok, cause I will make you kids some sandwiches later. Only if you are hungry, and especially You Richard, you are like skin and bones. Not like your brother Jimmy. "He's Too Big!"

GRrrrrrrrrrr,,....... That was OK..because I would sneak down to Grandmas three blocks away, and she would feed me! Really Feeeeeeed Me!..LOL...

Leni

Leftover roast, black rice, beets from my garden, beet greens, and either salt potatoes or yams.

Deelady

Heres our Vegetable Chili (complete with beef and chicken ;) )
with seasoned quesadillas on the side.

Attachments

• food 702.jpg
    food 702.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 135

Nancy-MD

Dee that sure does look good!

I made breaded pork chops, parsley potatoes, broccoli and also a cucumber salad.

Attachments

• pork chops.jpg
    pork chops.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 131

Embryodad

Put a pot of Sloppy Joe's on. It is cooking down now.

Just threw some eggs in a pot to boil for Macaroni Salad for during the weekend Labor day whatever!

DW called from PA, and said she got Ground Beef for the Holiday. She said,"You Know right, that it is Labor Day; so we gotta cook!" .. I told her Ess Emm Ayy Ell Ell....spelled out SMALL.
She balked,"Oh You Know we have to cook!" ... I was like,..Weee???...No no..Not Meee!..LOL LOL LOL..

LOwwwww..Keyyyyyyyy this Holiday! I say!...For Now..hahahahahahaha

PanchoHambre

Nancy, those chops look perfect!

Chicken cutlets and a brown rice pilaf with zukes and portabellos left over from the weekend cookout here.

Norm

Made vegetarian pizza tonight. It had no sauce or meat, just olive oil, oven dried tomatoes, mushrooms, mozzarella cheese and fresh chopped basil. Pictures and recipe at site listed below. I made a couple small ones with gluten free crusts from the health food store and the bigger one with oil, salt, sugar and enough water, yeast and flour to make a soft dough.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Bought a 2# chuck roast ground it for burgers. Ground in 5 cloves of garlic added salt and pepper. Tossed it all together. Pattied up 13# Burgers and set aside to let the spices and meat get to know each other.

Sliced some fresh rolls, tomatoes and Vadilla onions. Grilled the burgers and served them with red potato salad (Sorry, store bought, supposedly homemade) and fresh butter and sugar corn.

I did not get to my corn as I was really full after the burger and potato salad. That burger was great.

Nancy-MD

Thank you everyone.

I didn't see a dinner thread for today, Friday, so I'm just gonna post my picture here.

I made taco salads for us tonight.

Attachments

• Taco Salad 001.jpg
    Taco Salad 001.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 149