Wednesday 8/24/11 What's cookin'?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I have pork loin chops thawing. Not sure how I will cook them yet. Lundbergs wild rice blend and steamed broccoli crowns.

Any plans?

Carolina Cooking

No onion rings for me :sad::sad: I had 2 last night with a NY strip. Way up this morning BG131..

I have a NYstrip for tonight, I had 2 in the package.

So I guess a salad or broccoli with cheese. as a side.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
No onion rings for me :sad::sad: I had 2 last night with a NY strip. Way up this morning BG131..

I was told by a man my hub works with and has had type 2 for 20 years that so long as it doesn't go above 150 (on once in awhile) it's ok.

My morning has been between 80 - 120 lately. Average most times about 108 like this morning. You have been doing good so don't worry about a once in awhile spike. So long as your A1C is ok (A1C is more accurate then the finger stick) you'll be fine. XOXOXOXO

lilylove

I'm making a tomato pie .. I think I'll just put out a bowl of grapes to go with it.

Using a ready made pie crust so nice and easy.

Nancy-MD

Barb, my DH's diabetic doc said anything under 150 is okay. It's not the daily number that counts, it's the monthly average. Don't feel too guilty about enjoying 2 onion rings, it will all work out in the monthly average - as long as you don't overdo it!

I have no clue what I'm cooking today. Maybe steaks. My DH would be happy with a ribeye every day of the week.

LETHAL GTS

Kids are bugging me to make sushi AGAIN!
I think I'll just make some rice and chop up some veggies and let them make their own hand rolls.

Embryodad

I have No Clue what to make /eat.

I am on the way to cut the grass....and after that I should be a little hungry to decide.

Maybe 2 grilled cheese and tomato.

Hot Sausage sounds better though. On the grill..:bbq:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
We have some leftover ribs, stroganoff, broccoli, salad and rolls to chose from. No cooking here.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
I made a tomato cheddar soup at the restaurant today...took some of that home for dinner. We're having that with turkey, ham, swiss and peach paninis.

Nancy-MD

Sounds good, everyone!

I grilled ribeyes with fries, leftover veggies I mixed together, and a cucumber salad.

Attachments

• steak and fries 002.jpg
    steak and fries 002.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 168

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Everyones meals sound wonderful.

Sounds good, everyone!

I grilled ribeyes with fries, leftover veggies I mixed together, and a cucumber salad.
YUMMY Nan!! But how did you keep the fries from falling through the rack? :bbq: ::whistling: :yum:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Pan-fried Boneless Pork loin chops, pan gravy, Rice Pilaf (chopped onion and mushroom sautéed in butter, ground dry porcini mushrooms and beef stock) and steamed broccoli crowns.

082411_pork_chop_lundberg_rice.jpg

I used equal portions of two varieties of Lundberg rice in the pilaf:

Countrywild:
Blend of Wehani, long grain brown rice and Black Japonica.

Wild Blend:
Blend of long grain brown rice, sweet brown rice, Wehani, Black Japonica and wild rice.

K

Kimchee

Looks good, folks! Whats in that cucumber salad?

I am having leftover ribs and kraut.

Norm

Leftover ham with fresh eggplant parm, okra and oven fried sweet potatos. Excluding the ham, it all came from the farmers market today.

DSCF3434.jpg

DSCF3431.jpg

Embryodad

Everyones food looks / sounds great.

DD just came up from the Jersey Shore (Seaside Hights) and brought her dad some giant boardwalk pizza. Ummmm!!

I actually had a lil lil lil cheese sandwich, but the pizza hit the spot.

She brought Mom a bag of cotton candy.

I took out some hot sausage for tomorrow's meal.
I'm wishing for Sausage Cacciatori. ... Can't wait!

homecook

Really nice dinners everyone!!

I made grilled pork tenderloins, vegetable pancakes and alfredo noodles.

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 183
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 166

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Your dinner looks really good Barb. I have to try those veggie pancakes.