Supper... Friday, Aug. 19, 2011

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
I'm thinking about making a meatloaf with baked potatoes and a veggie if some kind.

How about everyone else?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Boneless Shell steaks (australian) were on sale. So that will be dinner with red potatoes (I may make potato salad with them), corn on the cob and a small salad.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
I might take some salmon out of the freezer. I have some lovely fresh green beans and little criolla potatoes I got yesterday in my organic select delivery...that sounds like a pretty good dinner, I think.

homecook

I have no idea. I'm on my own tonight so I may try something different again. lol Either that or bar food and beverages.

cookingirl

rib eyed steak, baked tater with butter, fresh green beans..simple
severe weather around here..lots of rain, thunder, lightening, wind,,,this storm is dying down now..more to come...:bounce:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
My potato salad is made and chilling. Dinner will be stove top grilled shell steaks, potato salad, corn on the cob and a simple salad.

Norm

Here are the spare ribs trimmed to St. Louis cut and then smoked about 5 1/2 hours. When the kids get home from work, I'll make some corn on the cob and a salad. Peep got me thinking about potato salad. I may make some of that here pretty soon.

DSCF3420.jpg

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
dredged/chix tenderlions w/ a pesto crust; a salad of apple, bleu cheese, & avacado, etc (woulda preferred lettcue cups to place that in); smushed peruvian w/ plugra, cream, seasalt/ pepper-

Attachments

• IMG_1161354.jpg
    IMG_1161354.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 126

Embryodad

dredged/chix tenderlions w/ a pesto crust; a salad of apple, bleu cheese, & avacado, etc (woulda preferred lettcue cups to place that in); smushed peruvian w/ plugra, cream, seasalt/ pepper-
Ooooo! Nice!!...Cute Lil Chicken Cheeks!..

Looks Great luvs

Embryodad

Here are the spare ribs trimmed to St. Louis cut and then smoked about 5 1/2 hours. When the kids get home from work, I'll make some corn on the cob and a salad. Peep got me thinking about potato salad. I may make some of that here pretty soon.

DSCF3420.jpg
an The rib bone's connected to the thigh bone..and the thigh bone's connected to the @$$ bone....

Looks great norm,. Dry or Wet ruub? Or Combo??

Nancy-MD

Looks good, Norm and luvs. Luvs, you plated your chicken so lovely.

I made crispy fried chicken tenderloins.

Attachments

• crispy fried chicken tenderloins 003.jpg
    crispy fried chicken tenderloins 003.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 118

Embryodad

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha .... Two...yes Two (2) times...

Mommy made "Phone Pizza" for lunch for herself today...

She took out some pizza slices from the freezer, and stuck them in the toaster oven. She was yadda yadda yadda on the phone, whilst her pizza cooked well done...
To Boot....she did it twice.

DD was here cleaning, and could not believe it....

7ef81c1e.jpg

Supper was Philly Cheese Steaks Wit....

Mine on a sub roll...and T's on a soft roll.

Out of the Broiler...and on to the buns.... In our big mouths...
so give us the Tums.....

1e839884.jpg

adc63c5c.jpg

64a90f4e.jpg

Embryodad

Looks good, Norm and luvs. Luvs, you plated your chicken so lovely.

I made crispy fried chicken tenderloins.
an an an how crispy were they Nancy...huh huh huh huh ? ? ? ? ......hahahahahaha

Were they crispy enough for Jimmy to crunch on?? ( The only way I will eat chicken)

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
jimmy, thanks, haha! could i half of your sammich?! looks so ooey/gooey.

@ nancy, that's sweet of u, & your tenderloins look yummy. i almost, almost breaded my batch in potato flakes, then went w/ dredging & the pesto rather than those

Nancy-MD

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha .... Two...yes Two (2) times...

Mommy made "Phone Pizza" for lunch for herself today...

She took out some pizza slices from the freezer, and stuck them in the toaster oven. She was yadda yadda yadda on the phone, whilst her pizza cooked well done...
To Boot....she did it twice.

DD was here cleaning, and could not believe it....

7ef81c1e.jpg

Supper was Philly Cheese Steaks Wit....

Mine on a sub roll...and T's on a soft roll.

Out of the Broiler...and on to the buns.... In our big mouths...
so give us the Tums.....

1e839884.jpg

adc63c5c.jpg

64a90f4e.jpg
The phone pizza made me laugh. Twice, huh? LOL Your sammies look yummy.
an an an how crispy were they Nancy...huh huh huh huh ? ? ? ? ......hahahahahaha

Were they crispy enough for Jimmy to crunch on?? ( The only way I will eat chicken)
The chix was just a little crispy. Not extra crispy. Didn't want to dry the tenderloins out. The chicken was very moist and tender inside. Yum.
jimmy, thanks, haha! could i half of your sammich?! looks so ooey/gooey.

@ nancy, that's sweet of u, & your tenderloins look yummy. i almost, almost breaded my batch in potato flakes, then went w/ dredging & the pesto rather than those
Thank you luvs. I would have never thought to dredge them in pesto. I am not that adventurous of a cook to try new things like that!
Beautiful meals Norm, luvs, Nan and Jimmy. YUMMY
Thank you Peep.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
The phone pizza made me laugh. Twice, huh? LOL Your sammies look yummy.

The chix was just a little crispy. Not extra crispy. Didn't want to dry the tenderloins out. The chicken was very moist and tender inside. Yum.

Thank you luvs. I would have never thought to dredge them in pesto. I am not that adventurous of a cook to try new things like that!

Thank you Peep.

thanx, peepers!

my oops/typ-o, nancy; i dredged in seasoned flour, cooked through, then placed the pesto on them post cooking. w/ add't.l olive oil, i'd partially cook them in pesto to see how that went, tho, here. i luv toying w/ differnt sorts of combinations of food like i loved play-doh as a tot :)

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Stove top grilled boneless shell steaks (from Australia), potato salad (baby red potatoes in jackets boiled in salted water for 5 minutes, sliced and splashed with white vinegar while hot then allowed to cool, dressed with mayo, sour cream, ground sea salt, ground peppercorns, white vinegar and sliced green onions), steamed corn on the cob

081911_shell_steak_potato_salad_corn.jpg

And a salad (iceberg lettuce leftover from the tacos last night, vine tomato, black olives and sliced almonds dressed with homemade Italian dressing).

081911_salad.jpg

Phiddlechik

Pizza, home made crust, It. sausage, mini-pepperoni, minced red onion, minced green pepper. pre-baked crust - little sauce-cheese (pizz blend) - meat/veg misture - dollops of sauce - cheese. Put directly on the rack of the oven, hot 425 convection.
mmmmmmmm.... pics later

Embryodad

Stove top grilled boneless shell steaks (from Australia), potato salad (baby red potatoes in jackets boiled in salted water for 5 minutes, sliced and splashed with white vinegar while hot then allowed to cool, dressed with mayo, sour cream, ground sea salt, ground peppercorns, white vinegar and sliced green onions), steamed corn on the cob

081911_shell_steak_potato_salad_corn.jpg

And a salad (iceberg lettuce leftover from the tacos last night, vine tomato, black olives and sliced almonds dressed with homemade Italian dressing).

081911_salad.jpg
Steak looks super delicious. Not a bit dry looking either.

The salads look tasty too.

Embryodad

Pizza, home made crust, It. sausage, mini-pepperoni, minced red onion, minced green pepper. pre-baked crust - little sauce-cheese (pizz blend) - meat/veg misture - dollops of sauce - cheese. Put directly on the rack of the oven, hot 425 convection.
mmmmmmmm.... pics later
Pizza Rules on a Friday eve.

It must have been super good! ..