Net Cooking Talk

Go Back   Net Cooking Talk > Cooking Talk Forums > Food Safety Forum

Old 10-23-2008, 08:12 PM
Pizza Chef

waybomb is on a distinguished road
Style: Gonzo
Default Harry and David Issues Nationwide Allergy Alert on Undeclared Pecans in Harry & David

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE -- October 22, 2008 -- Harry and David, of Medford, Oregon, is voluntarily recalling approximately 400 1 lb. 4 oz. boxes labeled Harry & David Moose Munch Confection, Milk Chocolate Gingerbread because the package may contain a different Moose Munch product which contains pecans not declared on the ingredient statement.

People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to pecans run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume this product.
Affected product was distributed throughout the United States under the Harry & David brand only in Harry and David stores.

Harry and David is recalling 1 lb. 4 oz. boxes of Harry & David Moose Munch Confection, Milk Chocolate with a "Best if used by" date of 06/28/09. The "Best if used by" date is located on a sticker on the bottom of the box. The bottom of the box also has the stock identifying number RSD142014 printed on it. This lot of product was sold beginning 10/09/08.

The popcorn-based confection is packaged in 1 lb. 4 oz. brown and white paperboard boxes. The boxes have a slight wedge shape and feature a large white moose image on the front. Inside the boxes are clear plastic bags of the confection.

There have been no illnesses or injuries reported to date. Anyone concerned about an illness/injury should contact a physician immediately.

This problem, which was discovered on October 21st, 2008, occurred because Dark Chocolate Butter Pecan Moose Munch® Confection was inadvertently packed in a Milk Chocolate Gingerbread outer box. It is estimated that fewer than 60 such boxes were produced.

Consumers with product may return it to any Harry and David retail store for a full refund. Consumers with questions about the recalled product may phone the Harry and David Customer Service division at 800-233-1101, 24 hours a day.
http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/waybomb/
NASA says I am not warming the globe, 24 cylinders at a time
Old 10-24-2008, 08:30 AM
Chief Bottle Washer / Admin

Doc is on a distinguished road

I'm sure glad I don't have alergies like that (alergic to nuts or peanut butter or anything inparticular). That would be horrible.

OTOH ...everything I've tried of Harry and Davids has been outstanding.
Good for them doing this recall. While it does not affect me, I understand the need for them to take action before someone alergic gets ahold of it.
Should I tell them they could ship all the recalls on the east coast to me, and I'll take care of them.

Other Fun Forums:
Forums Forums .com +++ Net Tractor Talk Forums +++ Net Pet Talk Forums +++