Whats cooking Sunday 11/28/10?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I think it will be pasta and red sauce.

Any plans? Turkey leftovers or something new?

lilylove

Came home from Oregon with LOTS of Leftovers and still have a large pot of bean soup in the fridge. The microwave will be cooking for us tonight. :)

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
HMMMMMMMMMM Tried to get to Super Cuts. It took 1/2 hour to just get into the lot, no parking spaces so girl went into Super Cuts and came back out in 2 seconds because there was standing room only!! We looked at Target and left. :bonk: We did get a spot in front of Stop N Shop so I picked up the fixings for baked pasta, pizza and some tubes of cookie dough. So dinner will be pizza or baked pasta.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Sounds busy up there, Peeps! Hopefully, that means the economy is improving...our tourist season has begun, but most of the tourists so far are Canadians, who don't spend as much money as those from the US (no insult intended to Canadians - just what the business owners and vendors tell us).

Didn't mean to wander off topic - I've got some bread about to go into the oven and some great Italian sausage, so I plan to make Italian sausage sandwiches with fired onions, peppers, and some mozzarella.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Boboli Pre-cooked Whole Wheat thin Italian Pizza Crust topped with EVOO, Fresh grated Parmesan & Romano cheese, mozzarella, fresh herbs (basil, oregano & parsley), fresh slivered garlic & onion, garlic & herb sautéed mushrooms ( the last from Thanksgiving), pepperoni, sea salt, ground peppercorns, ground red pepper flakes, ground thyme & rosemary. Topped pizza was baked in a 500°F oven for 10 minutes on a pizza stone.

112810_pizza_boboli_crust.jpg

GotGarlic

Looks wonderful, peeps!

I don't have a lot of energy tonight, so we're having more leftovers: sliced turkey heated in gravy over stuffing with mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Looks wonderful, peeps!

I don't have a lot of energy tonight, so we're having more leftovers: sliced turkey heated in gravy over stuffing with mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie.
Thank you GG!! NO MORE TURKEY!!

Leni

I love turkey, especially turkey sandwiches with cranberry sauce which was lunch today.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i'm pan-cooking chix & making a bleu cheese sauce of creme, the cheese, & seasoning.
& i'm roasting brussels sprouts
may make carrot, also

Last edited:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
We celebrated our son-in-law's birthday with his dinner of choice...Panko breaded Lake Erie Perch fish fry.

P1020952.jpg

He is truly blessed to have a father-in-law who like to feed people. I made the entire dinner starting with baguettes with multiple toppings...

P1020942.jpg

..and just look at the big holes in that crumb. I folded that dough 4 times over 14 hours, and used just a little over 1/4 teaspoon of yeast for leavening, and 80% hydration...magnificent!

P1020943.jpg

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I could have used a little piece of that fantastic bread to go alongside my carbonara:

Carbonara.jpg

I finally had enough turkey, cooking & dirty dishes. Needed to return something, & since it was close to the Macy's food court - I tried a place called roti bon for a quick lunch bite. They had a buy one, get one free. I had one topped w/ sausage etc, & one filled with cream cheese. Not bad. The rotis were sort of like buns, with a variety of fillings - from sweet to savory. Took out Panda Express walnut shrimp, rice & a noodle for dinner.