Sad news

Status
Not open for further replies.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Dearest Chris,

How brave of you to tell us what happened. How horrifying it must have been. I am so sorry. Words just don't suffice.

My daughter has been fighting depression for decades, and Xanax almost did her in earlier this year. She finally had to detox from all of the pharmaceuticals in order to save her life. Poor Lisa - she had been prescribed a lethal mix. No, she should not have been drinking, but it is NOT your fault. She is the one who decided to drink, and she is the one who decided to leave. If that's what she wanted, you could not have stopped her.

My heart aches for you.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
My heart goes out to you. I can only imagine what you must be going through.

Leni

I honestly don't know what to say to you Chris. What a horrible thing for you to go through. I can't even imagine your thoughts and feelings when you saw her. There was nothing you could do. Depression is a horrible condition. On top of that she was isolated. Sometimes the medications work and sometimes they don't. When a person is determined to end it all it is pretty much impossible to stop them. This is a very hard time for you. If there is anything that any of us can do to help please let us know.

belaine

Bottle Washer
Super Site Supporter
Oh my, I feel so sorry for you and also think you are a brave soul to be so forthright with the tragic circumstances of Lisa's death. I will pray for you and continue to be grateful for special people around me and sensitive to some who suffer from depression. Big wake up call, you may not realize how you impact others with your willingness to share your life. Thanks you & Bless You.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Thank you all. I was afraid people would be critical and unsupportive. But my Mom told me, “Yes, there are jerks in this world, but there are also many a great person as well. Have faith, and they will come forward”.

She was right, you guys are great. Thank you so much.

I’ve recently re-connected with two guys I grew up with in Mobile (Jeremy & Richard); they were my best friends when I lived there, but we lost touch. They found me through Facebook of all places. Now they are back in my life, and it’s great to have them.

And it’s great to have all of you guys here!

My Boss at work is a big believer in counseling, and has gathered some information for me. He’s recommended a grief counselor that his wife used when her father passed away, and a Suicide Survivor Support Group that his church maintains every Monday. So, I’m going to look into both of those options.

Thank you all for your support. It means so very much to me.

Leni

Yes, definitely look into counseling. It was the only way I got through everything when I was told that my beautiful 17 year old daughter was going to die of brain cancer. Also consider a group. It really helps to be able to share what you've gone through with others who have been there .

Biskit

Chris.................

Where do I begin? First off, do not ever think that I thing badly of you or Lisa after reading your account of the way she passed on. I lost a stepson to suicide and have found myself thinking differently of those who chose that way to end their troubles. I do not condemn them, nor those close to them who "didn't stop them". Unless I were to have worn your shoes those last months of her life, I cannot judge you based on anything I might think you should have, or should not have done. Situations arise for which we're not prepared and we deal with them the best we know how, which you did. My heart breaks for this lady who felt that this was the only way to find peace. My heart breaks for you, Chris, who is left to wonder what you could have done differently.

To put it short and sweet: You and Lisa are okay with me. Peace, my friend.

GotGarlic

Chris, I'm terribly sorry for your loss and for the way it happened. I'm sorry for Lisa's suffering through the depression, which I know can be so debilitating to the spirit that people can't imagine ever feeling better, and for your suffering now. I'm glad to hear you're looking into getting help to deal with all that's happened. I'll be thinking about you. Take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.