Suppa 3/5/09

Lefty

Yank
I need some ideas or else I am ordering out seafood. Yes my thread title is correct, here in Maine the "r" is silent if it is at the end of a word.

crewsk

Well, since I have to work from 12-9 today, hubby's cooking. I think I'm going to get some chicken out for him. Whatever he decides to do with it is fine with me, I'll have the leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

Calicolady

It took me forever to find the recipe as I couldn't remember who posted. But I finally found it on page 18 in userCP. I looked under beef, then BBQ, but finally found it in SANDWICHES!

It's either gonna be this or lt's slaw burgers. I need to go to store for either slaw ingredients or pineapple.
The grill is calling me.

post_old.gif
01-30-2009, 07:13 PM
Ol-blue
user_offline.gif

reputation_pos.gif

icon1.gif
Hawaiian Burgers
The sauce is like a sweet and sour, teriyaki sauce that's goes on this burger. It makes for the best burger.
Enjoy! Debbie
_____

HAWAIIAN BURGERS

HawaiianBurger076.jpg

BURGER
1 pound(s) GROUND BEEF
4 teaspoon(s) WORCESTERSHIRE SAUCE; Optional.
sliced PINEAPPLE
sliced SWISS CHEESE
HAMBURGER BUNS
LETTUCE
sliced RED ONION
SAUCE
1/4 cup(s) BARBECUE SAUCE
1/4 cup(s) PINEAPPLE PRESERVES; Or Apricot-Pineapple Preserves.
1 tablespoon(s) BROWN SUGAR; Packed.
_____

Combine ground beef and Worcestershire sauce in medium bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly.
Shape into patties of desired size.
Combine sauce ingredients in small saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
Remove from heat.
Place beef patties on BBQ cooking until done.
Just before serving add a slice of Swiss cheese and a spoonful of the sauce to the patties; continue to cook until cheese is melted.
Just before patties our done heat both sides of pineapple on grill.
To Serve: Put patties on bun, top with pineapple, more sauce if desired, a slice of red onion and lettuce, top with bun and enjoy.
_____

buckytom

Grill Master
where's everyone's maine accent?

ya know, that pepperidge farm guy will come after you. he always remembuhs.

ok, so, in the fridge there's shrimp, sweet italian sausage, and marinating (world harbors mango honey marinade) chicken legs.

the legs have to be made before they go bad, so i'll bake them. but that might not be dinner. shrimp are only good for a day or two, and the sausage is defrosted, but also can't wait around long.

i'm thinking of some kind of sausage and shrimp dish, maybe with rice. what to do, what to do...

lilylove

Sorry BT too early for any accents!

We never got around to the chicken salad so... that's whats for dinner!

buckytom

Grill Master
yeah, that was sort of my idea too, lefty.

hmmm, from what i have on hand: brown some garlic, a little onion, then the sausage. add rice, shrimp, mushrooms, and stock. top with strips of red pepper.

maybe - i dunno. dw is trying to cut back on cholester-oil, so the sausage might be out. same goes for shrimp. :glare:

i may make my shrimp and white bean salad (will post recipe tomorrow if i make it. i have to write things down). also, my original plan for the sausage was sausage-n-peppers.

i'll flip a coin when i get home. then dw will tell me if i see heads or tails, or no coin at all.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
oops ! We Ate 'em before I remembered about an "After" shot.........

Last edited:

Calicolady

I thought you were making buns for burgers?

I didn't make my plan either. Just not hungry tonight and can't see it happening.

lilylove

I'm hungry! So the heck with chicken and salad. I'm making Keltin's lemon and honey shrimp (adding scallops to it too)! Rice and a veggie to go with

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I just finished a nice pot roast, chuck roast, onions, carrots, celery, and potatoes.

Angie

I made hubby and friend a quick snack of home made apple sauce topped with vanilla ice cream and caramel.. Ok, I had some too.

Then I had a cheese/chicken lunchmeat sandwich. That's about it for us since Hubby can't eat regular food yet.

Calicolady

Do I remember you saying he had 8 teeth pulled?
OMG, why so many at once? Poor guy. Hope all is better with him soon, Ang.

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
Kidney beans, chopped tomatoes, mushrooms, Rosemary, malt vinegar, chopped garlic, onion powder and sharp cheddar cheese.

Sauteed everything, minus the cheese. Grated the cheese over the dish with fresh craked pepper. it was pretty good. Not great but pretty good.

Angie

Do I remember you saying he had 8 teeth pulled?
OMG, why so many at once? Poor guy. Hope all is better with him soon, Ang.

Yup. He had an upper plate put in, 6 front top teeth gone and two on the bottom. He doesn't have very many teeth left. Bad genes, no insurance forever and ever...and then just wouldn't brush cuz it would hurt. Now we are getting it all taken care of at the Univeristy of Iowa Dental Collage. It's about a 45 min drive from our house. $10K worth of work done for $4K. By students. It takes longer, but they are more cautious of what they are doing. I have some work to get done as well and started going there. Just cavities..and the student working my hubby is using me for her state board exams on the 21st so I'll get one done for free!:clap:

Calicolady

OH, one of my least favorite things. It's been a couple of years for me, and I did have ins. til last april. I'm a weinie and a coward. I don't do pain!

PanchoHambre

Tonight my dinner choose me

couldn't decide what to eat... didn't really feel like anything in the house...opened the freezer and frozen pasta sauce came flying out... hit the floor and broke the plastic container... sooo i guess that is what I'm eating

buckytom

Grill Master
well, after all of that, i ended up picking up sushi and sahimi on the way home.

i hope the chicken legs and shrimp will be ok for tonight. i hate wasting food.