Howdy!!

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome rapunzel. I agree we need one but I havent found one yet. I'm in the process of adding some new ones that Sushi sent me. But I do believe we'll still need a good drool smilie. :thumb:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Fran, thanks for doing an intro. I am very much like your husband :hide:. My wife is too good of a cook for me to mess around in the kitchen very often. The kitchen is her favorite room in the house also.
I'm glad you found our Cooking Forum. This is one of the most fun forums I run. :D

Enjoy and post often! :thumb:

Durwood

Durwood is in the house

Great site Doc but i can't find the "frozen tv dinner" section.:waiting: that is what i seem to live on these days, but maybe i can learn how to cook here.:thumb:

Dur

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hey Dur, welcome to the party. :thumb:
Whats your favorite restaurant? We have a thread on that, and we all eat out sometime.

Someone (I think Jim S. but not positive) was raving about Stouffers frozen lasagna but the store we go to does not carry it. So I haven't tried it yet myself.

Durwood

Hey Dur, welcome to the party. :thumb:
Whats your favorite restaurant? We have a thread on that, and we all eat out sometime.

Someone (I think Jim S. but not positive) was raving about Stouffers frozen lasagna but the store we go to does not carry it. So I haven't tried it yet myself.

My favorite restaurant is the one a couple hundred yards behind my house. I get all the coffee i can drink and a big bowl of bisquits and gravy almost every morning there and the cost is $2.15 I just bought a 32 oz frozen lasagna from Aldis for $2.49 but haven't tried it yet.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Boy that restaurant sounds way too handy. I love biscuits and gravy!!!! ummmmmm

sreeja

Hello all
I am new here.I am sreeja.I am from India. I am working in a private firm. Nice to meet you all.This forum looks so interesting.Hope i can enjoy stay.

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
Hello all
I am new here.I am sreeja.I am from India. I am working in a private firm. Nice to meet you all.This forum looks so interesting.Hope i can enjoy stay.

Welcome to the Forum!

We're not that active but there are a lot of good recipes and posts to look through.

Jim

Nica

Hello Linda and sreeja and welcome. I'm pretty new here also, but I know several members from other places. All super good folks.

Looking forward to your posts and sharing the coffee! Mornings only.......I switch beverages about 3 or 4. (or when ever my ole body needs some soothing)

redragtop

Hello from MN

Jumped over here from another forum, looking for some ideas for canning.:wave: I have about 100 pounds of tomatoes to deal with yet. Has anyone ever tried yellow tomato jelly? First year I have grown them, what a crop. I do most of my canning in glass jars & an old pressure cooker handed down from my grandma. Have already made lots of different pickles, relish, tomato sauces, jams & jellies, & sauerkraut. Basically if I can get it into a jar it is preserved. Always looking for new ideas & old recipies.

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
WELCOME TO THE FORUM!

Glad you found us.

Nica has posted a number of times about dehydrating and canning. You should find some others if you look around.

Post some pics if you have them!

Jim

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hi RedRagTop! Welcome to Net Cooking Talk.
Like Jim said Nica does a lot of canning. He'll repy when he see's this.
In the meantime how about sharing a favorite recipe or two. :D
Enjoy and post often. :thumb:

Nica

Jumped over here from another forum, looking for some ideas for canning.:wave: I have about 100 pounds of tomatoes to deal with yet. Has anyone ever tried yellow tomato jelly? First year I have grown them, what a crop. I do most of my canning in glass jars & an old pressure cooker handed down from my grandma. Have already made lots of different pickles, relish, tomato sauces, jams & jellies, & sauerkraut. Basically if I can get it into a jar it is preserved. Always looking for new ideas & old recipies.

Hi Red...,Glad you made it here. I look forward to a lot of posts from you and your canning experiences. The yellow tomato jelly sounds like fun. And of course, pictures are always nice.

We were about "canned out" this summer and my wife said NO MORE, so I decided to see if I could build a dehydrator. After a couple mods it works just fine. I have dehydrated tomatoes, potatoes, zucchini, y-squash, peppers, cantaloupe, cucumbers, and okra.
"I" will can some chow-chow in a week or two when the ripening for all the green tomatoes slows down.

This gardening thing and preserving what you grow has been a lot of fun and a learning experience for me. This is my 3rd year having a garden and I doubled the size each year, and will do again for next year. I think I may have stumbled onto my true passion. But, planting and digging potatoes is hard to beat. That's my favorite....never know what your going to get till you dig them!

Post often....I'm a fan,
Nica

Just read your profile....we got a lot in common.

Last edited:

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
I'm back after a long absence. I usually can't do more than one forum and at the time was hooked on another cooking forum. Well, come to find out, there are some moderators there that abuse their powers and violated my privacy. So here I am again.

I'm here to yap about cooking, nothing more.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Great Sattie. Sorry for overbearing mods, that is one thing I'll guarantee you will not find here. I'm glad your back. I just signed up a new mod who is going to help keep NCT active ...with your help and our other regulars / mods I think we'll get this place hopping.
Maybe we should start a recipe of the week or something to get us all thinking.
Any ideas Sattie?

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
Give me a bit to re-adjust. I'm still a bit put off by the shinnanigans at the other site and just not sure who or what can be trusted. Thanks for having me back, I will check back once I get my attitude made over.

Nica

Give me a bit to re-adjust. I'm still a bit put off by the shenanigans at the other site and just not sure who or what can be trusted. Thanks for having me back, I will check back once I get my attitude made over.

Hi sattie...and welcome. :wave:Re-adjust as much as needed.

I was born and raised in KS, but have lived all over the place, including Canada. I live in KS now but have lived in Tyler and Lubbock, and I do love TEXAS! My daughter attended school at Texas Tech in Lubbock.

We are so glad you are with us. No shinnanigans here....just good solid folks with a sincere effort to make this one of the best.

We are looking forward to your posts! Feel free to open the lines of discussion.......on any subject.

Do you take pictures? :mrgreen:

WELCOME!!!!!!!!

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
I do take pics, mainly of my dumb dogs

Think about it for a minute and you will realize that the dumb dog routine is just an act. They have you very well trained and you don't realize it!

Nica

Think about it for a minute and you will realize that the dumb dog routine is just an act. They have you very well trained and you don't realize it!

I've NEVER seen a dumb dog. We have seven....several are rescues waiting for a GOOD home. A lot of them hold back and just take it in......sometimes, actually, a lot of the time, I think they are a lot smarter the we are! Gotta love em!

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
I've NEVER seen a dumb dog. We have seven....several are rescues waiting for a GOOD home. A lot of them hold back and just take it in......sometimes, actually, a lot of the time, I think they are a lot smarter the we are! Gotta love em!

We have 10. rescues, show dogs on the road with their handler, retired show dogs, and 3 14 week old puppies, all Cocker Spaniels.

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
Hey... I love my dogs!!! I was just trying to show how un-important I am!!!

Here is Binks... my turd of a dog that does not know better, but keeps a smile on my face!!! As you can see, Binks has his little paws in a prayer stance. Probably praying I feed him more food. LOL!

RestinBinks.jpg

And here is Boots... the old man. He is about 15 or so. Deaf, going blind... pees alot, but still hanging in there!!

hammy008.jpg

The Tourist

Banned
Yes, the rumors are true.

Hello, everyone. I have used the name "The Tourist" for many years on several forums, but my name is Chico and I'm a professional knife sharpener.

Now, before you run and hide the good silver, I was actually invited here by sattie.

I live in the Madison, Wisconsin area, I retired young because work was getting in the way of serious pursuits. And alas, I have a bizarre sense of humor.

Let me return the favor that sattie extended to me. I suggest that you join me at a haunt of other professionals sharpeners (rightfully the title is "tinker") at www.KnifeForums.com in a sub-section called "Keeping Sharp."

I specialize in sharpening Japanese kitchen knives.

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
CHICO, WELCOME ABOARD!:tiphat:

Sattie, thanks for referring us.

I retired young because work was getting in the way of serious pursuits. And alas, I have a bizarre sense of humor.

Sounds like you will fit in just fine. :w00t2: