I didn't know it would do that!!!!

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Here's another one for you. Name something that you use for an entirely different use than it was intended for and why you like it for that.

I have an OXO potato ricer. It has solid sides on the basket and only holes on the bottom. It is also small. I use it as a orange / Lemon juicer. Cut it into quarters (The Lemon or orange) put it in the basket and squeeze. It retains the seeds and rind. Works great for me.

K

Kimchee

Great idea!
I have one of those somewhere, now I have a use for it!

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
We use a little starbucks coffee grinder to powder herbs we dehydrate. Works great and we now make our own similar to Mrs. Dash. As mentioned before the electric knife is hard to beat for cutting foam for pillows. We use the big cookies sheets more for flash freezing than for baking cookies.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
wire whisks & dinner forks to smush potato. they allow u to adjust the fluffiness & the amount of milk, butter, & cream accurately.
my meat forks to plate pasta. u can twirl pasta & slide from fork to plate.
ball jars to make butter. pour in a pint of heaycream. shake. butter'll eventually form. rinse under cold h2o & squeeze the whey from the butter w/ a spoon. salt.
yogurt cartons & disposale cups as molds. use 4 jell-o; frozen juice pops. trim edges to fit.
frozen veggies (wrap the pack of veggies in a towel) as ice packs.
pop bottles to plant seeds/seedlings in. (egg crates, too.)
smush egg shells into the veggie garden. that fortifies the soil.
if u drop an egg on the floor, pour salt onto the egg. leave it be, then it's very easily cleaned, as moisture is drawn from the egg.

i'm thinkin' of the others.

Last edited: