Good morning bacon lovers

homecook

I've seen those before too, Andy. You can save some money and do the same on an inverted muffin pan. I've done that before.

Shermie

Site Supporter
I've seen then before also.

I just don't like how they FORCE a 2nd set on you and then they FORCE you to pay separate processing & handling, claiming that the 2nd set is for free, when it is NOT!!

When I hear that part, it drives me through the roof!! Which is why I HATE those bloody As-Seen-On-TV commercials & ads!!! :furious:

chilefarmer

I think its a cool idea, Not gonna buy them though. Same reason Shermie posted. Some will show up at the good will store, for cheap.
But do love good bacon thats why I make my own.CF :)

Shermie

Site Supporter
I think its a cool idea, Not gonna buy them though. Same reason Shermie posted. Some will show up at the good will store, for cheap.
But do love good bacon thats why I make my own.CF :)

Thanks!

You can also find them in such places as Target, Walgreen's, Kmart, CVS, Kohl's, Best Buy & Rite Aid.

You can also mimic the cups by wrapping the bacon around muffin pan cups or Pyrex custard cups. :corn:

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Sherm I have to comment sorry, not intending to offend.

I look at it this way, every as seen on TV add is going to say, but wait!!! We'll double that offer and yes separate shipping and handling.

I look at it this way. Take the total outlay (product, (shipping & handling X 2)). Is that a price you are willing to pay for the quantity of product you end up with? If yes, who cares what they call it? If no, move on. So much money for so much product in hand, I'm not concerned with the words in between.

Barb, love the muffin cup idea, thank you.

The whole McGilla made me chuckle, because, in the TV commercial they were filling the bacon cups with Mac & cheese, etc. The cholesterol and calories were enough to send me too the thigh master commercial.

Now, a good stack of bacon!!! Great testing and worth it.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Sherm I have to comment sorry, not intending to offend.

I look at it this way, every as seen on TV add is going to say, but wait!!! We'll double that offer and yes separate shipping and handling.

I look at it this way. Take the total outlay (product, (shipping & handling X 2)). Is that a price you are willing to pay for the quantity of product you end up with? If yes, who cares what they call it? If no, move on. So much money for so much product in hand, I'm not concerned with the words in between.

Barb, love the muffin cup idea, thank you.

The whole McGilla made me chuckle, because, in the TV commercial they were filling the bacon cups with Mac & cheese, etc. The cholesterol and calories were enough to send me too the thigh master commercial.

Now, a good stack of bacon!!! Great testing and worth it.

I used to be a real stickler for those products, as I bought them on a regular basis. mainly because I used to like them.

But I found out that some of the products are flimsily made. Remember the red Pasta Pot? Well, THAT was a pure example of poor quality. In about 6 months or so, the so-called nonstick coasting had begun to peel. Tossed it out.

Then there was this veggie cutter, which it STILL shown in their TV ads. That had crapped out quick, fast and in a hurry! The blades had broken on that one. Then there's that apple peeler, which didn't work right either.

Fast marketing, poor quality & other dislikes help make for truly dissatisfied owners. I DO have a few appliances that were in those imfommercials, but they still work great! Can't say the same for their gadgets. :neutral: