making frozen toaster waffles....

suziquzie

So I'd like to stop buying eggos and make my own waffles to keep in the freezer. Got a TNT for that?
The usual waffles I make just dont come out of the toaster very well.

suziquzie

Ummmm.... I know the bisquick waffles are NOT good out of the freezer.... DH made some good ones with wheat flour and honey that were ok.... maybe they sat out to long B4 freezing?

homecook

I wait until they're just room temp. and flash freeze them. We either put them in the toaster oven or toaster and they come out fine.
I cheat and just use the Aunt Jemima recipe. lol

Barb

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
I think the key is keeping out ice crystals and getting them to frozen as fast as possible.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Don't wrap them too soon after you take them from the iron. Perhaps they steam, making them soggy...?

I don't freeze mine...I make them about once every 5 weeks or so, so they are usually eaten before there is anything left to freeze.

FryBoy

I've frozen extra waffles and then reheated them in the toaster oven. They do crisp up pretty well, but they're not as good as fresh-from-the-iron. However, they're a hell of a lot better than store-bought frozen waffles.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
I usually use a Belgian waffle recipe and iron, flash freeze, wrapping very well and tightly. Then, I have a special treat when I want it.