flavored butter for corn on the cob??

lilylove

I'm bringing Keltin's baked beans and corn on the cob to a pig roast on Saturday.

Instead of plain butter I'd like to use something with a little flavor.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Trish:chef::chef::chef::wink::wink:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Parmesan Cheese mixed with the butter is always good or roasted garlic butter...it's one of my favorites. You could also do an herb butter using fresh herbs like tarragon, parsley, chives, rosemary or a mix of your favorites.

lilylove

oh!!! I am getting hungry! Roasted garlic sounds GREAT!!!

Maybe I'll make some with dill and some with roasted garlic. Choice is always nice!!!

Thanks you two!!!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
You're welcome.

Trish, did you mean to post this under slow cooker/pressure cooker? Looks like you may have been trying for sauces and missed....that's like something I'd do.

lilylove

You're welcome.

Trish, did you mean to post this under slow cooker/pressure cooker? Looks like you may have been trying for sauces and missed....that's like something I'd do.

LOLOLOL! Well, I could melt the butter in the crockpot/pressure cooker!

Yep, I goofed! Thanks for point it out.

smiles, T:bounce::bounce::respect::alc::clap:

GotGarlic

Bobby Flay made something like a mixture of cojita cheese, chili powder and lime juice and zest for a topping for corn on the cob.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I wouldn't melt the butter down but let it get soft at room temperature then mix it with your herbs, etc. That is the way I do it and have several logs in the fridge right now. I have roasted garlic and basil, thyme and tarragon as well as on using a spice mix I make up.

If you can't wait for it to get soft then perhaps using a double boiler method is best like melting chocolate. I roll mine up in plastic rap then put it in the refrigerator or freezer. I keeps longer than I can stay away from it too.

lilylove

That sounds like a good idea Joe..(just using soft, not melted) I was trying to figure out how to keep it melted until we needed to use it.

I can make it tonight and then put it in the frig until we need it tomorrow.

I'd better get to roasting that garlic!! OH YUMMMY!

joec

Gold Site Supporter
You might want to add some lemon or lime zest to it also. It all works well.