Sesame Marinated Pork Loin

AllenOK

Ok, I got this idea from a recipe I did at work. Here are my measurements and what I did:

3/4 c ketchup
3/4 c soy
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 t minced ginger
2 T white sugar
2 T sesame oil
one pork loin roast

Mix together everything but the pork. Place the roast in a gallon ziplock baggie. Pour the marinade over, and massage it to get all the surfaces of the meat exposed to the marinade. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.

Preheat the oven to 350. Roast for at least one hour, or until a meat thermometer registers 155 degrees F. Brush with some of the marinade in the final 15 minutes or cooking.

Remove from the oven, cover with a tent of foil, and allow to rest 10 - 15 minutes before carving. Slice and serve.

What I was going to do:

I had planned on roasting this in my grill with the off-set method, coals on one side and meat on the other. Unfortunately, I got started late, and didn't get enough charcoal going, so I decided to do it in the oven.

I've learned that with pork roasts, even dry-heat, the longer it goes, the more tender the meat gets. I would have liked to have cooked this for a couple hours to get it truly tender. Two hours in the grill would have given it a GREAT smoky flavor as well.

PeppA was telling me that this is definitely a repeat. However, she said it was missing something. I suggested brown sugar instead of the white. She mentioned BBQ sauce. I agreed with that, since BBQ is mostly ketchup anyway. Then I thought, since this is an Asian-flavored thing, why not Hoisin instead of ketchup? Things to think about next time.......

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
You should add the pictures you posted in the dinner thread. This looks and sounds like it's full of flavor. FANTASTIC!

AllenOK

Here's the pork being marinated:

20120317asianmarinatedp.jpg

Here's the pork after it came out of the oven:

20120317sesamemarinated.jpg

And here's the final product, sliced and served on a bed of Fried Rice.

20120317sesameporkloinf.jpg