What are you Baking today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

suziquzie

Re: What are you baking today?

no.... i got carried away in quiet house and cleaned stuff.... again.....
maybe tomorrow I'll take a crack?

Cooksie

Site Supporter

Heather has been bugging me to make a loaf of No-Knead bread with raisins/craisins/nut. So last night I made the dough and decided to make it in the round thingy JoeV picked up and offered it it to me. I can't find the thread he posted it on. So anyway I baked the loaf today.

Cool bread pot! I'm not much of a baker, but your bread makes me want to mix up some dough. It's beautiful.

homecook

Cool bread pot! I'm not much of a baker, but your bread makes me want to mix up some dough. It's beautiful.

Thank you Cooksie! I learned everything I know from Joe.....he's a great teacher!

And I'm sure there is a name for that bread pot........lol

homecook

Did you make it Suzie???

I'm making two loaves of Italian bread. They're on the second rise as I type...........depending on how they come out I'll post pics. lol

Here's my bread......it tastes better than it looks. lol

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 151

suziquzie

Bread Day!
Christina wanted to make bagels..... I could think of a million things I'd rather bake :yuk:
Starting with JoeV's honey wheat bread, then bran muffins, then the strawberry cake mix she grabbed at the grocery store.... I think that will be cupcakes w/ cream cheese frosting
Here's round one.... more later :chef:

Attachments

• IMG_3070.jpg
    IMG_3070.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_3071.jpg
    IMG_3071.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_3072.jpg
    IMG_3072.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 146

suziquzie

ok here's most of it... i still gotta bake cupcakes....

Attachments

• IMG_3073.jpg
    IMG_3073.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 141

Cooksie

Site Supporter

Bread Day!
Christina wanted to make bagels..... I could think of a million things I'd rather bake :yuk:
Starting with JoeV's honey wheat bread, then bran muffins, then the strawberry cake mix she grabbed at the grocery store.... I think that will be cupcakes w/ cream cheese frosting

She's so cute, and it looks like she's having a ball! Nice bread and muffins too.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter

Cooksie, teh pot is a LaCloche clay baker available from Breadtopia.com. I have the round and the oblong from Eric at Breadtopis (he's a great guy), as well as two Romertopf clay bakers and one Schlemertopf that I got at garage sales and thrift stores. They are used to replicate bakery steam oven environments, and give a wonderful crust to high hydration breads.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter

Barb & Suzie, great job with the breads. I'm sure they are delicious and will not be around very long. We had my 100% whole wheat bread as toast for our breakfast/dinner tonight, and I had to fight the urge to make two more slices. there is nothing that beats good homemade bread...except maybe S _ X. :twak:

suziquzie

Well, my daughter now seems to think that on days when both boys are in school (kindergarten is all day every other day) that we are supposed to shop, bake, or both.

All girl I tell ya!

Oatmeal raisin cookies today. :)

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter

Bread Day!
your daughter is a cutie!! she has such a sweet face.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter

Oatmeal Raspberry Cookie Bars. I'm taking these to the dentist office today. I always try to take a treat for the staff because they are really nice.

P1020075.jpg

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter

Breakfast this morning was Banana-Praline French Toast topped with mixed berries and whipped cream:

P9160868.jpg

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter

Yep...that's what DH said after the first bite.....:biggrin:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

apple crispy crumble topped with whipped cream (over exposed whipped cream)

apple_crisp_whipped_cream_092009_P1040262.JPG

Last edited:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter

I have a new customer, and when I went there today to do the work, I found the husband in a hospital bed in the dining room. He has terminal cancer and has been in this bed since May of this year. When I finished the work I chatted with him for about half an hour, and learned what his favorite dessert is, but his DW does not know how to make it. I promised him that I would bring him his favorite dessert, but he has no clue that he is getting it today. You guessed it, it's one of my specialty items...

P1020105.jpg

It feels so good to do something this small that will bring so much joy. they are iced and I'm on my way out the door.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

I have a new customer, and when I went there today to do the work, I found the husband in a hospital bed in the dining room. He has terminal cancer and has been in this bed since May of this year. When I finished the work I chatted with him for about half an hour, and learned what his favorite dessert is, but his DW does not know how to make it. I promised him that I would bring him his favorite dessert, but he has no clue that he is getting it today. You guessed it, it's one of my specialty items...

P1020105.jpg

It feels so good to do something this small that will bring so much joy. they are iced and I'm on my way out the door.
that is such a wonderful thing you have done joe. you will make him so happy.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter

P1020105.jpg

We all get a Blessing out of it. It just warms your heart when you hear about someone giving of themselves for no other reason than "they want to". Lots of karma to you Joe!

FryBoy

P1020105.jpg

You're a prince in my book, Joe!

Status
Not open for further replies.