Saturday 2/11/2011 What's on the menu?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
It will be chicken (style TBDL), broccoli, a starch (potato or stuffing hey maybe both LOL) and gravy.

I have a cold blahhhhhhhhhhhh and it's snowing blahhhhhhh X2!! Rosehip & hibiscus tea and maybe soup for breakfast.

What are you're menu plans?

Guts

Re: Staurday 2/11/2011 What's on the menu?

I took some roast beef out of the freezer this morning. Thanks to Jimmy's post last night and I'm going to put it on a French roll with some provolone cheese and serve it with Knorr® du jour sauce.

Cooksie

Site Supporter

Zuppa Toscana, a copycat recipe for Olive Garden's soup

Embryodad

Just Got the word....

Gonna meet DS and DIL and GD at Bensi Restaurant close to here!.

I already printed out the menu, and picked my meal. ( Sausage over Broccoli raab!.. Ummm! ... I didn't see liver on the menu! L O L

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter

Shrimp stir fry over rice is on the menu here tonight. For lunch, I made the Spameeta....I don't know what else to call it :lol:.....spread that Cooksie talked about yesterday. I used fried and cooled spam along with grilled onions. I think next time, instead of using equal amounts of spam and velveeta, I'll double the amount of spam. The velveeta kinda overwhelmed it. Thanks Cooksie!

Attachments

• spameeta.jpg
    spameeta.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 286
  • grilledspameeta.jpg
    grilledspameeta.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 281

Cooksie

Site Supporter

:biggrin: I can't believe you made that, Mama! That was my m-i-l's go-to lunch for her kids when times were tight. Love the grilled onion idea, and you actually made it look real tasty! lol--Spameeta

K

Kimchee

Pan seared pork loin medallions, braised in mushrooms gravy...
Creamed corn...
baked potato.

(I really just want the potato with the gravy, but needed an
excuse to make the gravy, LOL!)

Leni

I'm going to saute chicken breasts in butter, remove them and then saute onion and garlic in the drippings. I think I've got some fresh mushrooms so I'll add a few of them. I'll return the chicken to the pan and cook covered on low heat until done. White wine will be added. It's an experiment but I think that it will be good. I might add a little fresh thyme towards the end. Almost forgot, I have a jar of artichoke hearts that I'll use.

Sides will be mashed garlic potatoes with lots of butter in the well and asparagus wrapped in prescuitto that I'll saute in olive oil. Dessert will be what's left of the raspberry cake that I made the other day.

Last edited:

Mr. Green Jeans

Nice day here in Orygun so DW and I hit the yard hard. Chili with home made corn tortillas for dipping is on our menu board.

Embryodad

Everyones meals and pics (Mama) sound / look good!'

We just got back from Bensi's Restaurant by us.
I had the Sausage and Broccoliraab
DW had the manicotti...
I must have eaten 20 of those Garlic Bread Knots.. Sooo Good!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

Well I felt lousy but I cooked and got a picture.

Seasoned and pan seared b/s chicken breasts finished in the oven, micro steamed fresh broccoli, stuffing and pan gravy.

021112_chicken_stuffing_P1090364.jpg

Embryodad

Well I felt lousy but I cooked and got a picture.

Seasoned and pan seared b/s chicken breasts finished in the oven, micro steamed fresh broccoli, stuffing and pan gravy.

021112_chicken_stuffing_P1090364.jpg
Looks Good peep...
Hope you get feeling better soon kid!

ps: I dare not show the pic to Tina... She would be on the warpath for having that similar meal today.. L O L

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

Looks Good peep...
Hope you get feeling better soon kid!

ps: I dare not show the pic to Tina... She would be on the warpath for having that similar meal today.. L O L
Thank you Jimmy. I am going to take another day quill (shop-rite version day calm) and a slice of toast.

Embryodad

Thank you Jimmy. I am going to take another day quill (shop-rite version day calm) and a slice of toast.
Oh! Good peep... Make the toast so it scrapes the throat when you swallow. I do that to scrape the Germs away.

Take lemon juice with honey peep. Just Sip on it a little at the time. That's good for the throat ant the cold in general.

Feel Better!

For the first time since we moved here 14+ some odd years ago, the market had fresh (never frozen) skin-on Fluke filets. Absolutely gorgeous, large & pristine-looking. Couldn't resist, so bought one that was just about a pound.

Slathered it in leftover shellfish lemon butter from the other night's steamed clam & mussel fest, along with some chopped fresh dill & freshly ground black pepper, then baked it @ 400 degrees for 15 minutes or so. Served with some sliced zucchini sauteed in extra-virgin olive oil with chopped garlic, quartered Campari tomatoes, a dash of dry Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs, a little shredded parmesan, & a dash of crushed red pepper flakes. And of course, our favorite green salad & some crusty bread. Wonderful, & only took about 30 minutes tops start to finish.

Last edited:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

For the first time since we moved here 14+ some odd years ago, the market had fresh (never frozen) skin-on Fluke filets. Absolutely gorgeous, large & pristine-looking. Couldn't resist, so bought one that was just about a pound.

Slathered it in leftover shellfish lemon butter from the other night's steamed clam & musself fest, along with some chopped fresh dill & freshly ground black pepper, then baked it @ 400 degrees for 15 minutes or so. Served with some sliced zucchini sauteed in extra-virgin olive oil with chopped garlic, quartered Campari tomatoes, a dash of dry Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs, a little shredded parmesan, & a dash of crushed red pepper flakes. And of course, our favorite green salad & some crusty bread. Wonderful, & took about 30 minutes tops start to finish.
That sounds wonderful BC. My mom used to make fluke when a friends dad would go on his fishing weekends with his buddies.

The one thing I miss about LI, NY living was the saltwater fishing. We used to come home with buckets of beautiful flounder.

Down here the flounder filets are always previously frozen, & the flesh is mushy/taste insipid at best. Of course, sometimes you can buy a whole dressed flounder, but most of the market folks do a sloppy job of fileting, & most of the time I'm not interested in doing it myself. I may have to start going that route though after enjoying that fabulous Fluke last night.